HubSpot Academy Support

Elliottus

Videos aren't loading well

SOLVE

Hey, I am watching the academy videos for inboudn marketing & they keep buffering or loading extremely slow.

I have cleared my browser cookies & cache & reloaded and all that and I'm on 75mbps download so they should be loading fine - so y'all might wanna check that out. 🙂

1 Accepted solution
chrisking
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi there @Elliottus!

Our HubSpot Academy courses and certifications contain great videos to further enhance your inbound marketing expertise. However, if you encounter any loading or playback issues while watching these videos, please follow the troubleshooting steps here:

• First, try closing your browser, opening it again, and navigating to the page.

• If you are still experiencing issues, try clearing your browser cache. If you aren't sure how to do this, please follow the instructions here.

• If you are using adblock, this could potentially prevent videos from playing. Try disabling adblock on your browser and then restarting the browser.

• If the video is playing intermittently, decrease the quality by clicking the settings wheel to help it stream faster.

• Occasionally, certain plugins will cause video playback errors. Try disabling any enabled plugins one by one.

• If none of these work please try loading the videos on another network or off wi-fi on your mobile device.

Here is a related knowledge article to help you out!

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39
patriciarey

SOLVE

Has this been resolved for you? Exact same issue for me. I'm trying to complete the course but it's taking double the time because of these loading issues. Today I did 20 mins of lessons but over an hour just waiting and troubleshooting.  

0 Upvotes
JenPaz

SOLVE
No this was never resolved for me. HubSpot doesn’t seem to realise there’s a problem. As I stated in my original post, all other videos from every other platform work fine. It’s just HubSpot.
The workaround I ended up using was turning off the wifi on my phone and watching them using my data plan. It’s not ideal as the screen is much smaller, but at least it didn’t take 2hrs to watch a 30 minute video.
0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @JenPaz,

Thanks for reaching out! Are you experiencing this issue across all browsers or just chrome? Are you able to test the videos using a different networks/wifi?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
JenPaz

SOLVE
Yes, have tried on Chrome and Safari and it’s the exact same result. I believe this issue is most likely on your end.
0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @JenPaz,

Thank you for clarifying! Hm, I tested all of the videos out on our end and could not replicate the issue unfrotuantely. Are you able to test the videos using a different wifi connection or maybe testing them on your phone using a different network?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
JenPaz

SOLVE

Yes I have tried it on different computers on different networks and on my phone using 4G and wifi with the same result. As I said, all other videos are loading and playing fine. The only issues I'm experiencing are from HubSpot. This is making it impossible to do HubSpot Academy. Please let me know if there are any other fixes I can try as I really want to complete these courses.

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @JenPaz,

Are you able to provide a screen recording of the behavior you are experiencing on your end? As mentioned, we are unable to replicate this issue on our end so it is a bit difficult to troubleshoot. Are you able to collect a HAR file from one of the video pages you are experiencing the issue on?

Best,

Cristina

0 Upvotes
JenPaz

SOLVE
All other online videos loading fine.
0 Upvotes
chrisking
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi there @Elliottus!

Our HubSpot Academy courses and certifications contain great videos to further enhance your inbound marketing expertise. However, if you encounter any loading or playback issues while watching these videos, please follow the troubleshooting steps here:

• First, try closing your browser, opening it again, and navigating to the page.

• If you are still experiencing issues, try clearing your browser cache. If you aren't sure how to do this, please follow the instructions here.

• If you are using adblock, this could potentially prevent videos from playing. Try disabling adblock on your browser and then restarting the browser.

• If the video is playing intermittently, decrease the quality by clicking the settings wheel to help it stream faster.

• Occasionally, certain plugins will cause video playback errors. Try disabling any enabled plugins one by one.

• If none of these work please try loading the videos on another network or off wi-fi on your mobile device.

KarinW

SOLVE

I am also experiencing this issue. Tried to restart Chrome but still doesn't work. It was working fine before, but I think from starting and stopping this issue started up. I'm getting this error when I inspect the console.

inline-player.ts:37 Unrecognized feature: 'display-capture'.
le @ inline-player.ts:37
inline-player.ts:37 Allow attribute will take precedence over 'allowfullscreen'.
le @ inline-player.ts:37
NVQoyEVUs6CBUyhZxegmg3?disable_popouts=1&type=inline&color=ff7a59&embed_button=0&viral_sharing=0&autoplay=0&play_button_color=ff7a59&speed=1&preload=auto&v=4.2.25:1 The resource https://play.vidyard.com/NVQoyEVUs6CBUyhZxegmg3.jpg?disable_popouts=1&type=inline&color=ff7a59&embed... was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/intercom-link-expand-loader.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/ff-cam-view.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/content.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

sfiske
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Karin! Sorry your experiencing issues with our Academy videos. Can you let me know what lesson or course you were going through? And what specific video did you have up when you got that error inspecting the console?

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Upvotes
RahmatFauzi

SOLVE

actually, i have the same promblem. i have followed the suggestion to solve them but in the end, i end up the same circumsctances, it does't work

@chrisking wrote:

Hi there @Elliottus!

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Tried all your solutions, but in vain - nothing worked. You ought to pay proper attention to this issue. Very frustrating indeed. 

cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with our videos on your end. At times, issues such as these ones are a bit hard to troubleshoot on our end if we are unable to replicate the issue. We have seen many cases where videos not loading is actually an isolated issue on the user's end. With that being said, are you able to explain the issue specifically you are experiencing? 

Are the videos not loading at all or is it a stop and go kind of situation?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
clararey

SOLVE

I just wanted to let you know the issue is happening on safari, firefox, chrome and the mobile equivalents of these.

Please help!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @clararey,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please let me know and I am happy to assist!

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jata97
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, Jenny,

After a couple of days trying to watch your videos, I think the videoplayer seems to be the issue. The tab crashes after a few minutes in. I checked for plugins like Ad blocks and such in both, Firefox and Chrome, as well my internet connection over the course of the days and it is still happening. I have a 30Mbps connection and I'm trying the 480p configuration. This has happened for several days, on different browsers and Internet connections. (First it was 10Mbps, now it's 30). Maybe you could report this incident to tech so they can get to the bottom of this matter? Appreciate your help.

Joe.

cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @jata97,

Thank you for reaching out. Is this happening for all academy videos or videos for a specific certification? I ran some tests on our end and I unfortunately could not replicate the issue across any browser. Are you able to provide a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are experiencing. Would you mind clearing your cache and cookies from all time following these steps? This process refreshes information in your browser and often allows HubSpot to work more smoothly. 

Thanks!

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mamdouh

SOLVE

Hi Cristina,

I have the same problem (you have trouble watching the video ) and have the screenshot. video not playing in hubspot.png

0 Upvotes