HubSpot Academy Support

Elliottus

Videos aren't loading well

SOLVE

Hey, I am watching the academy videos for inboudn marketing & they keep buffering or loading extremely slow.

I have cleared my browser cookies & cache & reloaded and all that and I'm on 75mbps download so they should be loading fine - so y'all might wanna check that out. 🙂

1 Accepted solution
chrisking
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi there @Elliottus!

Our HubSpot Academy courses and certifications contain great videos to further enhance your inbound marketing expertise. However, if you encounter any loading or playback issues while watching these videos, please follow the troubleshooting steps here:

• First, try closing your browser, opening it again, and navigating to the page.

• If you are still experiencing issues, try clearing your browser cache. If you aren't sure how to do this, please follow the instructions here.

• If you are using adblock, this could potentially prevent videos from playing. Try disabling adblock on your browser and then restarting the browser.

• If the video is playing intermittently, decrease the quality by clicking the settings wheel to help it stream faster.

• Occasionally, certain plugins will cause video playback errors. Try disabling any enabled plugins one by one.

• If none of these work please try loading the videos on another network or off wi-fi on your mobile device.

Here is a related knowledge article to help you out!

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39
Wan
Participant

SOLVE

I am issuing the same problem and not yet solved.

0 Upvotes
SKW-09
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I'm also experiencing this issue on various browsers. It appeared on all of the videos for the reporting and the service hub certification. 

Please help, it's almost impossible to watch as you have to wait every other 30sec or so...

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @SKW-09,

Thanks for reaching out! If you try watching the videos using a different network/wifi connection, are you able to experience the same issue?

I unforunately could not replicate this behavior when I tried watching the videos on our end so I'm wondering if it is a connection issue!

Best,
Cristina 

0 Upvotes
SKW-09

SOLVE

Hi @cristinaAW ,

I don't have the option to test it out on a different network at the moment, as I'm stuck to my home office. But I don't think it's the connection - on other platforms I can watch 1080p content without buffering issues. 

Your colleague @sfiske  reached out to me a few minutes ago and asked me, if I could send him a .har file recording the requests going in and out while buffering the video. I followed his instructions, so let's see, if he will find the reaseon for this issue. Apparently he is currently in touch with the vidyard technical support.

Maybe @sfiske can keep us updated here in the forum. Thanks, guys.

Cheers,

Andi

0 Upvotes
antwan

SOLVE

Irony is I'm watching a video about frictionless sales, but this video lagging every 10 seconds is a true friction to my satisfaction

KarinW

SOLVE

I am also experiencing this issue. Tried to restart Chrome but still doesn't work. It was working fine before, but I think from starting and stopping this issue started up. I'm getting this error when I inspect the console.

inline-player.ts:37 Unrecognized feature: 'display-capture'.
le @ inline-player.ts:37
inline-player.ts:37 Allow attribute will take precedence over 'allowfullscreen'.
le @ inline-player.ts:37
NVQoyEVUs6CBUyhZxegmg3?disable_popouts=1&type=inline&color=ff7a59&embed_button=0&viral_sharing=0&autoplay=0&play_button_color=ff7a59&speed=1&preload=auto&v=4.2.25:1 The resource https://play.vidyard.com/NVQoyEVUs6CBUyhZxegmg3.jpg?disable_popouts=1&type=inline&color=ff7a59&embed... was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
2DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/intercom-link-expand-loader.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/ff-cam-view.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://liecbddmkiiihnedobmlmillhodjkdmb/js/content.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

0 Upvotes
patriciarey

SOLVE

This is happening for me too on the Content Marketing videos, intermittently at first and then frequently on videos 6 onward. Tried tips and all other videos load fine on other sites except Hubspot. VERY frustrating! 

LukeIoMC
Participant

SOLVE

Try hotspot off your phone if you are able to, for some reason Hubspot works when I tether off my phone even though my wifi is faster???

0 Upvotes
patriciarey

SOLVE

Tried this and improved the experience slightly. I tried it at different times of day as well. Perplexed that Hubspot isn't addressing this and marked as resolved when clearly it is not.

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @patriciarey,

We're really sorry to hear this! Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of what you are experiencing when trying to watch the videos? Is this across all certifcations/tracks? Are you able to provide a screen recording of the issue you are experiencing?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
reganmcgregor
Participant

SOLVE

I recently completed the Growth-Driven Design Certification and experienced the same issues listed above. The major issue I had was that the videos would pause intermittently and sometimes I would have to reload the page to resolve the issue. I have never experienced this issue until recently.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and Google Chrome, however, the issue was present in Safari and on iOS both Chrome and Safari.

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @reganmcgregor,

Thank you for the helpful feedback! I will make sure to forward this to tfhe Academy team 🙂

Best,

Cristina 

pwilson245

SOLVE

Same issue for me. I've tried two computers, various browsers. I've got the quality settings set to the lowest setting and I have a great connection that works with all other video services. It's quite possibly a hosting issue on your end? Not sure where the videos are hosted, but I"m in Australia if that helps. It's a shame because I'd dedicated today to going through a lot of the lessons.

0 Upvotes
LukeIoMC
Participant

SOLVE

I have been have same issue in Acedmey for weeks now, very irratating

0 Upvotes
pwilson245

SOLVE

I've got a bit of a workaround. The buffering of the video seems to pause after downloading the next 10 seconds of video, so by having the video on pause and then scrubbing to where the video download is up to, it prompts the video player to pull down the next chunk of video. Rinse and repeat and the video all comes down in a few minutes. Not ideal, it's obviously an issue with either the play or hosting of video.

patriciarey

SOLVE

Lucky you -- I can't even get the first few seconds to play and constantly stuck on the title screen.

0 Upvotes
Lerastas

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
Weatherhead
Participant

SOLVE

Same issue for me. Nothing to do with connection. Other video sites are loading smoothly. It seems there is something awry with the 'preloading' of the videos (i.e. rather than loading the entire video - it only preloads the next 20 seconds). From my end it only preloads like 5-7 seconds - plays them - stops - buffers for 1-2 seconds and starts playing again...

cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hi @Weatherhead,

Thank you for reaching out! I'd be happy to dig into this a bit more for you. Is this happening with all academy videos or just specific ones? Is the issue happening across all browsers for you?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
JenPaz

SOLVE

Hello, I am having this exact same issue. Video only buffers about 5 seconds at a time and then pauses while loading next portion of video. It's very annoying, taking more than double the time to watch Academy Videos (it's happened on every video so far in the Content Marketing course). I have already done above mentioned steps and am using Chrome. Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!