HubSpot Academy Support

TKretova
参加者

Use of software by students. Commercial/Academic

解決

I have assigned the Software course to students and some of them would like (of course) to try and experiment with software beyond the classroom - like doing a trial mailer to their real clients with the use of the Hubspot. I know that the software can be used only for educational purpose, so that would mean they would not be able to do this, right? What can I advise them to do in that case?

Thank you in adance!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jgueron
解決策
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

解決
Hi Tetyana,

Thanks for allowing us to clarify. All of the tools that are included in the free version of HubSpot can be used to commercialize a product or service by you or your students. The limit of what you can do only applies to the paid software that we give you for free as part of being a part of the EPP. 

Here is what is included in the free version: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/crm. 

Free email tools are limited to 2000 sends per month. Free ad tools are limited to two connected accounts with up to $1000 USD spend limit for 30 days, with one website audience only. 

I'm not sure what you mean by mailings. Could you please clarify? 

Best,

Julia

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6件の返信
cristinaAW
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

解決

Hi @TKretova,

Thanks for reaching out! I'd love to dig into this a bit more for you. Before I can provide you with some workarounds/options can you please tell me a bit more about what these students are looking to do with their trail accounts? Maybe some example situations they are looking to test out?

Best,

Cristina 

0 いいね!
TKretova
参加者

解決

Hi Caiello, 

many thanks for your response. I am teaching a class of working professionals and some of them are using other systems. They are very excited about this opportunity to learn the Hubspot solution and hence some asked me whether they can give it a real pilot. This would mean not only creating templates as part of academic content or course required excercise, however, also trying it with real emailing campaigns they have coming up and see how it works in action. 

Wr,

Tetyana 

0 いいね!
jgueron
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

解決

Hi Tetyana,

If it's a question of these students used this for an actual business, that won't be allowed with the Academic Portal. What I would encourage here is to have them create their own HubSpot account for free, which they can do on our website.

Once they have their own account, they are free to whatever they'd like with it (including  commerical activities). As I mentionned previously, there are plenty of tools in the free version of HubSpot that they can use, including email.

cc @cristinaAW 

0 いいね!
jgueron
解決策
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

解決
Hi Tetyana,

Thanks for allowing us to clarify. All of the tools that are included in the free version of HubSpot can be used to commercialize a product or service by you or your students. The limit of what you can do only applies to the paid software that we give you for free as part of being a part of the EPP. 

Here is what is included in the free version: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/crm. 

Free email tools are limited to 2000 sends per month. Free ad tools are limited to two connected accounts with up to $1000 USD spend limit for 30 days, with one website audience only. 

I'm not sure what you mean by mailings. Could you please clarify? 

Best,

Julia
TKretova
参加者

解決

Dear Julia, 

Thank you for clarifying. Students are very excited about this opportunity and on my side I want to make sure I keep to the protocol. So really appreciate your answer. 

More specifically, one student in particular for the upcoming campaign wants to try Hubspot comparing the experience and results she has with the current solution she is using - Mailchimp. Another student also wants to do a real project for his company to showcase to his C-suite the software capabilties. 

I will advise then they create alongside the free acount where they can do some real pilots while being able to explore an advanced solution through the Academy course they are going through. 

Thank you for your kind response!

WR,

Tetyana 

0 いいね!
jgueron
アカデミーチーム
アカデミーチーム

解決

Hi Tetyana - Great! They can also enroll in a short trial of the software: https://offers.hubspot.com/free-trial

0 いいね!