HubSpot Academy Support

idickey

Student Requirements

Hi,

I am looking for some help.  Here is what a student in my marketing class wrote:  

"I started working on the HubSpot Marketing Certification and I am running into a few problems.  Throughout the certification course, you have to do somethings on a HubSpot account that you create at the beginning of the certification. When completing some of these exercises, HubSpot wants access to your email and I personally don't want them to have access because I do not want to actively have a HubSpot account associated with my Dayton email.  One of the first things that HubSpot says is that once you agree to have the email connected, they will organize and have the ability to send and delete email.  I do not want them to have power over my email like that.  

I completed watching the videos and reading the articles but could not complete all of the exercises because of this issue! Also, some of the exercises I did but it did not check it off of my checklist for the certificate completion.

I loved the videos and articles in this assignment! They are super informational and relevant to the marketing world today! 

I just wanted to know what your thoughts on the exercises were and what I should do to move forward and complete the certification.  All I have left are the exercises to do! "

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!
BEST,
IRENE
0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Student Requirements

Hi @idickey

If you are interested in learning more about what the connected inbox functionality does, please see HubSpot's terms of service, specifically 4a which I have pasted below: 

"Sales Product Data Use. If you install the Sales product, we will have access to certain information associated with your email account and will use some of this information to provide the Sales product services. We may store and use your email data, such as the distribution lists (for example, the “to”, “from”, “cc”, and “bcc” fields), the subject lines, and the URLs of tracked links from your emails in order to provide the Sales product. If you use the "Send Later" feature in the Sales product, we will store the bodies of the emails (along with the associated attachments) that you schedule to send in order to provide this feature to you. You must connect your inbox to the Sales product in order to use the "Send Later" feature. If you use our Outlook Add-in, the Sales product will scan the content of your outgoing emails to identify which emails you’ve elected to track in order to provide you with the notifications feature. If you opt to use our template building tools, the Sales product will scan the content of your sent emails to identify possible templates for use by Users of your HubSpot portal. By installing the Sales product, you grant us the right to access and use your information and data as described in this section. If you do not agree to the terms in this section, you should not use the Sales product. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF DATA FROM THE SALES PRODUCT."

If your student does not want to connect their school email, they could create a Gmail for the purposes of completing the exercises. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes