HubSpot Academy Support

mloes

Permissions to Complete HubSpot Marketing Software Certification (Education Partner Program)

Hello,

I am receiving this message from many of my students who are trying to complete the HubSpot Marketing Software Certification. 

"Good afternoon, I am still having trouble completing the last practical exercise on HubSpot. It says my permissions need to be changed to use workflows. Please let me know what I should do.  Thank you,"

I have added a screen shot of the permissions I set. 

image.png

I am also hearing they do not have access to personas, but I do not see where to set those permissions.

I have been helped by Julia Gueron, the Education Partnetips Manager, but she said to reach out here.

My HUB ID  is 7050963

25 Replies 25
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Permissions to Complete HubSpot Marketing Software Certification (Education Partner Program)

Hi @mloes,

Thank you so much for reaching out, I would be happy to take a look! Which users are running into this issue specifically? Can you pleae provide a screenshot of the error message they are seeing on their end?

Regarding the persona exercise, you will need to enable the Edit property settings feature for them.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mloes

All of my users are experiencing this issue. I have 42. Here is an example screen shot.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.19.48 PM.png

As you can see from the screen shot in my earlier email, I do have the workflow settings on.

I do have edit property settings on too. Here is a screen shot:

Annotation 2020-03-23 153525.png

0 Upvotes
mloes

Correction:

Some users were able to finish. Alia Craig reports she could complete the certification. Could you confirm? I will get a list of those that are still having issues.

0 Upvotes
mloes

Here is a list of those reporting the issue (so far):
James Berggren 
Patricia West 
Heather Kelly
Nichole Ford
Lindsey Rose
Gabrielle Dennis 
Kelsey Clark
Zach Rowe
Sierra Smith
Alicia Dorcik
Micayah Upshaw
Rachel Zodrow
Cassidy Geeslin
Hang Nguyen

"Buyer Persona and Forms are all I have left. They may or may not have “completed” this time.  I’ve done the forms part at least twice. Buyer Persona kept my person (Tired Tonya) but keeps telling me I can’t change anything. See screen shot
Thank you, 
Nichole Ford" 

Marketing Certification.png
0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes,

I can confirm that Alia has completed the certification and is all set. Can you please ask the users to log into their account using a different browser and ask them to try and load the workflow feature there? I checked the permissions for a majority of the users and they should all successfully be able to access the workflow tool. 

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mloes

Micayah Upshaw sent this message: "I have spent hours working on the Marketing Certification exercises and I am going in circles. I tried using a different browser but when I get to the "Identify core topic" section I can not figure out how to save the topic I create. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it is becoming really frustrating."

Sierra Shay Smith sent this screen shot:

unnamed (5).jpg

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes,

In order for a user to complete the persona exercise they will need the "edit property settings" feature enabled in their user settings. This will allow them to complete the exercise.

Regarding the topic cluser exercise, what is it that you're seeing on your end? Are you experiencing this issue or other users I can look into?

I hope this helps. 

best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mloes

Yes, if you remember from earlier in our thread, that permission is already set but it's still not working for some users even in a different browser so you asked me to send you a list of users still having issues.

I'll ask the topic cluster user to send me the error.

0 Upvotes
mloes

Also Rachel Zodrow  says:

"I was trying to complete the Hubspot certification for marketing software, but no matter how long I spend working on the exercises, it won't check them off as completed. It's not sending an error, the "submit" button just isn't clickable no matter how long I work on the exercise."

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes,

Thanks for reaching back out. I ran the user Rachel in our backend and I'm seeing that five of the thirteen exercises are all set and completed; one exercise was failed and the other seven have not been started, specifically:

Create a buyer persona

Create an active list

Create a landing page

Create a call-to-action

Createa a regular form

Create an email

Create a page from marketplace template 

I hope this helps!

best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mloes

Thank you, I will let her know. Here is another user:

Professor Loes, 

I am having trouble with a couple of things. I am sending a screenshot with most of what is being said on some things I am trying to do. It won't allow me to create a contact or create a buyer persona. I have created an email, identified a new core topic, created a topic cluster by identifying subtopics for the core topic, outlined my next campaign, and created a blog post, but I am not sure if it is approved or not or how I know I have done it correctly and submitted it properly. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 3.06.04 PM.png

Thank you so much for bearing with me throughout this process. 
Stay safe through all of the craziness that is going on!

Sincerely,

Kelsey Clark
0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes,

I hope this email finds you well. I looked up this user in our backend and I'm seeing that the contact exercise was failed so they will need to re-do that. The persona exercise was started but not completed. They will need Edit property settings enabled in their user settings to complete this and they have six unstarted exercises they will need to complete before being fully certified.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mloes

That does help, thank you! James Berggren says he still cannot finish the certification. I'll ask him to send screen shots.

0 Upvotes
mloes

Taylor Langlinais also says she cannot finish. I'll ask for screenshots.

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes,

I hope this finds you well. In looking into each user you have presented the main underlying issue seems to be that all of them have features and permissions currently disabled that they will need in order to complete the certification. My recommendation would be to go through their user profiles and make sure that all contact related permissions are turned on and specifically for the persona exercise that the "edit property settings" feature is enabled.

Once their permissions are squared away, they should be able to complete the exercises with no problem.

Best,

Cristina

0 Upvotes
mloes

OK. Do we know why it doesn't work when I edit all user setttings at once? Why does it work for some and not others?

0 Upvotes
mloes

Another question: how can users see past certifications in their account?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes ,

The best way for users to view/see certifications they have alrady taken, is to click into the 'my team' tab in the learning center and locate their username. Scrolling to the right will give them an overview of all the badges they have/don't have. They should also be able to see what badges are about to expire as well.

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mloes

Hi,

Rachel Zodrow says she keeps failing but doesn't know why. Could you help me uncover this?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mloes,

I hope this finds you well! This user has failed the "Create a page from a marketplace template." In order to pass this exercise this user must access the marketplace and download a brand new (can be free) template that currently does not exist in the account. Once she has done that and has created a page with the template she should be all set.

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes