HubSpot Academy Support

SteParolin

One dollar a day strategy - question about ad sets and audiences

Hello everyone!

I just saw the video about the 1 dollar a day strategy and there is one thing I can't understand:

When I create the 3 ad sets for each campaing, do I choose different audiences? I guess that if I select the same audience for the 3 ad sets then the ad sets will be competing with each other and push my cost higher, isn't it?

If I select different audiences, then how does facebook serve my second and third awareness video to people that watched less than 10 seconds of my first video?

Hope that the question is clear enough.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
mittekko

I just wonder the same but as i can see we didnt get a relevant answer???

can someone explain the issue?

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hello @SteParolin , 

Thank you for reaching out regarding the Ads Sets.  The three-by-three grid approach for ads will target difference audiences but more specifically each set of three videos is categorized by a specific marketing objective: “awareness,” “engagement,” and “conversion” -- to target users in these different buckets. 

Your “awareness” videos will explain the “why.” These ads help a customer identify a need, and realize that your business can potentially fulfill that need. When someone watches an “awareness” ad, they should understand what a problem they might have is, and how your product or services might help them solve it.

Your “engagement” videos will explain the “how.” These ads help that customer evaluate why your offer is best positioned to give them the solution they need. When someone watches an “engagement” ad, they ideally develop a logical and emotional preference for your solution over another one, which hopefully leads to a purchasing decision down the line.

Your “conversion” videos will explain the “what” – what they need to solve their problem.

These ads help that customer actually BUY from you, whether through your site or directly through Facebook. When someone watches a “conversion” ad, they should have a direct line to purchase.

I have also included @JorieMunroe for additional insight. 

Thank you, 

Courtney 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes