HubSpot Academy Support

MCSimon
Contributor

My Growth.org account disappeared!!!

SOLVE

Hello,

I don't know where to post this, so I hope an instructor here will answer.

Several moments ago, I was trying to change my website's address in my profile on Growth.org.

I did it and when I refreshed the page, I received this message:

"All who wander are not lost But that page is nowhere to be found."
I refreshed it again and again, and same words keep appearing on my screen.

Does it mean I don't have a growth.org account anymore? Does it mean that I lost all my "karma" points there? This makes me sad and upset.

Can someone help? (my user was "mcsimonwrites")

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
prior
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi MCSimon,

It looks like you were the unfortunate victim of a subtle bug that surfaced when the twitter username happened to be mixed-case and the profile was unpublished (something I just uncovered digging into your case). We've just now corrected and things should work as expected after you reload the page.

Even though this is now fixed, it is also unfortunately possible that your browser has cached the page's bad javascript and that reloading may not fix.  This is another issue we just uncovered and fixed, but unfortunately there's no way to bust the cache from our side once it's cached.  If you still see the bad behavior it will be due to the bad cache.  To bust the cache you either have to wait a few hours (possibly days depending on the browser and its particular settings) or you could go into your browser settings and clear the browser cache.

Sorry for the troubles.  Let us know if you still have problems even after clearing cache.

View solution in original post

prior
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Sure:

• go to https://growth.org/
  • login if you haven't already
  • click your avatar at the top right to bring up the drop down menu
  • click on "My Profile"
  • click on the pencil icon button in the left pane to edit your profile
  • click the toggle toward the bottom from "hidden" to "published" (this will make your profile public)
  • click "Save" at the very bottom

Now when you logout, you'll still be able to get to your profile (and so will anyone else).  Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @MCSimon looking into this for you. 

0 Upvotes
MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much, @roisinkirby!!!

Looking forward to your solution.

Have a nice day.

0 Upvotes
prior
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi MCSimon,

It looks like you were the unfortunate victim of a subtle bug that surfaced when the twitter username happened to be mixed-case and the profile was unpublished (something I just uncovered digging into your case). We've just now corrected and things should work as expected after you reload the page.

Even though this is now fixed, it is also unfortunately possible that your browser has cached the page's bad javascript and that reloading may not fix.  This is another issue we just uncovered and fixed, but unfortunately there's no way to bust the cache from our side once it's cached.  If you still see the bad behavior it will be due to the bad cache.  To bust the cache you either have to wait a few hours (possibly days depending on the browser and its particular settings) or you could go into your browser settings and clear the browser cache.

Sorry for the troubles.  Let us know if you still have problems even after clearing cache.

MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

It's back!!!! My profile is back!

Thank you sooo much!!!!!!

Have a great day ❤️

MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

My profile dissapeared again. I give up 😞

0 Upvotes
MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

Update 🙂

The account appeared again. I declare myself "dizzy" already :-)))))

0 Upvotes
prior
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Your account is not "published", so it wouldn't appear publicly.  That means the only time you can see your profile will be when you're logged in.  Is it possible that you saw it disappear when you happened to be logged out?

I'm adding verbage to the bad link message now to hopefully clear this potential confusion.

0 Upvotes
MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the explanation!

At least now I understand what happens.

But...

I don't see any "publishing" option. My profile was automatically transfered from inbound, so I have no idea what can I do.

Any advise for me about how to publish my profile?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
prior
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Sure:

• go to https://growth.org/
  • login if you haven't already
  • click your avatar at the top right to bring up the drop down menu
  • click on "My Profile"
  • click on the pencil icon button in the left pane to edit your profile
  • click the toggle toward the bottom from "hidden" to "published" (this will make your profile public)
  • click "Save" at the very bottom

Now when you logout, you'll still be able to get to your profile (and so will anyone else).  Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

0 Upvotes
MCSimon
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks a lot, Prior!

It finally works!

Have a great day.

MC

0 Upvotes