HubSpot Academy Support

FMavrou

Marketing Hub Professional needed to complete HubSpot Marketing Software certification

SOLVE

Hi guys,

I tried this morning to complete the HubSpot Marketing Software but when I started doing the exercises, I saw that for one of them I must have the professional hub to complete it.

Is that normal? Seemed weird to me.

1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

Marketing Hub Professional needed to complete HubSpot Marketing Software certification

SOLVE

Hi @FMavrou,

Yep, that's normal.  In fact, it's front-and-centre on the homepage for the certification:

https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/hubspot-marketing-software

"Note: The educational resources (such as Videos, Quizzes, and Workbooks) are free to go through. If you want to become certified, there are additional practical exercises that require a Pro or Enterprise HubSpot subscription."

Annoying, eh?

But then I guess they can't allow access to premium functionality for free for those of us like you and I who want to obtain certification.  I'm a Starter subscriber and find myself having to skip practical exercises... but if I ever moved to a company who use Pro or Enterprise, I guess they'd want me to be familiar with Workflows etc., which I don't currently have at my disposal.

I don't think it would kill HubSpot to provide a sandbox environment for the Academy...

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
kmckibben
Participant

SOLVE

This is a pretty terrible sales tactic on Hubspot's part...

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @FMavrou,

Yep, that's normal.  In fact, it's front-and-centre on the homepage for the certification:

https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/hubspot-marketing-software

"Note: The educational resources (such as Videos, Quizzes, and Workbooks) are free to go through. If you want to become certified, there are additional practical exercises that require a Pro or Enterprise HubSpot subscription."

Annoying, eh?

But then I guess they can't allow access to premium functionality for free for those of us like you and I who want to obtain certification.  I'm a Starter subscriber and find myself having to skip practical exercises... but if I ever moved to a company who use Pro or Enterprise, I guess they'd want me to be familiar with Workflows etc., which I don't currently have at my disposal.

I don't think it would kill HubSpot to provide a sandbox environment for the Academy...

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"