HubSpot Academy Support

APetrakos
Participant

Hubspot Reporting Certification Practicum

SOLVE

I'm working my way through the practicum part of the HubSpot Reporting Certification and I'm having a difficult time with the last 2 questions. We just started with HubSpot and haven't officially made the switch over with our sales team so our data is lacking.

The note on the practicum worksheets says "If you’re new to HubSpot or don’t have the necessary permissions to access your company data, that’s okay! Instead, use sample reports in your presentation and focus instead on how you would go about presenting your argument to improve or maintain a process at your organization." But I'm having a hard time finding sample reports to work from. Does anyone have any I could use or any other suggestions from folks who've gone through this recently?

I am *really* not interested in creating a new Sales Hub instance and populating it with dummy data, but if this is the only way I can complete the practicum & certification, then I may have to.

I'm also curious as to how I'm supposed to reference reports that aren't going to be submitted with the practicum for the examples I'm using. Should I be adding them to the PDF before I uplaod it?

If I'm overthinking this, please let me know! 😅

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AnaWilliam
Solution

SOLVE

If you are unable to access your company data or do not have the necessary permissions to access it, you can use the sample reports provided in the HubSpot Reporting Certification course as a starting point for your practicum. These sample reports are available in the course materials and can be used to demonstrate your understanding of the concepts covered in the course.

Alternatively, you can create your own sample data to use in your practicum. This may involve setting up a test account or populating a new Sales Hub instance with dummy data. While this may take some time, it can be a useful exercise in learning how to work with HubSpot's reporting features and can provide you with more relevant and realistic data to work with.

As for referencing reports that are not included in your practicum submission, you can include screenshots or descriptions of the reports in your presentation or notes. You do not need to include the actual reports themselves, but you should be able to explain how they support your argument or illustrate a particular point.

Remember that the focus of the practicum is on demonstrating your understanding of the concepts covered in the course and your ability to apply them to real-world scenarios. If you are able to do that effectively using sample reports or your own sample data, you should be able to complete the certification without access to your company data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AnaWilliam
Solution

SOLVE

If you are unable to access your company data or do not have the necessary permissions to access it, you can use the sample reports provided in the HubSpot Reporting Certification course as a starting point for your practicum. These sample reports are available in the course materials and can be used to demonstrate your understanding of the concepts covered in the course.

Alternatively, you can create your own sample data to use in your practicum. This may involve setting up a test account or populating a new Sales Hub instance with dummy data. While this may take some time, it can be a useful exercise in learning how to work with HubSpot's reporting features and can provide you with more relevant and realistic data to work with.

As for referencing reports that are not included in your practicum submission, you can include screenshots or descriptions of the reports in your presentation or notes. You do not need to include the actual reports themselves, but you should be able to explain how they support your argument or illustrate a particular point.

Remember that the focus of the practicum is on demonstrating your understanding of the concepts covered in the course and your ability to apply them to real-world scenarios. If you are able to do that effectively using sample reports or your own sample data, you should be able to complete the certification without access to your company data.

APetrakos
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Ana. I appreciate your response. I'll go back into the course materials & see what I can find. Thanks for the tips!

0 Upvotes