HubSpot Academy Support

AJones_Medexus

HubSpot CMS for Marketers Certification

Hi,
I've started taking the HubSpot CMS for Marketers certification course, but am slightly confused about a couple of things.
1. Do I need to sign up for a sandbox account to complete the certification?
2. I clicked on "Enroll" - is there anything else that needs to be done to sign up? The class isn't showing up in the "In Progress" list in "My Learning", though I have gone through a number of the videos.
3. I went through maybe a quarter of the videos and came to the first certification exercise. I started it and closed it down, intending to come back the next day. When I did, however, it said that I had passed the exercise. I never submitted anything. Should this have been done in the sandbox to gain proper credit?
I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. I'm more than a little confused at the moment. 🙂
Thanks and have a great day,
Amy Jones
Coordinator, Marketing & Sales
Medexus Pharma

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
APernell
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hello @AJones_Medexus ,

Thank you for reaching out to the academy community page! I'm happy to help out with this.

1. Do I need to sign up for a sandbox account to complete the certification?

• No, but you have the option to if you don't want to complete any of the exercises in your portal if you have the correct subscription 
    2. I clicked on "Enroll" - is there anything else that needs to be done to sign up? The class isn't showing up in the "In Progress" list in "My Learning", though I have gone through a number of the videos.
  • No, there shouldn't be another step to enroll. Can you search for the course or filter to only certifications? 
    3. I went through maybe a quarter of the videos and came to the first certification exercise. I started it and closed it down, intending to come back the next day. When I did, however, it said that I had passed the exercise. I never submitted anything. Should this have been done in the sandbox to gain proper credit?
  • Not necessarily, you can do this in a sandbox or your regular portal. As long as it is done with the same email it will count towards the same course. 

Thank you!

Anissa

0 Upvotes
tracylin

Hi Anissa, I also experienced getting a pass to my exercises I did not mark as complete, should I be concermed of that? Do you grade work no matter it's submitted or not? 

I had another problem with doing exercise for "Optimize Your Website For Search Engines", the instruction asks me to go to Marketing > Website > SEO, but I can only see Website Pages and Blog in there, SEO is not available. do I need to upgrade my free accoount in order to finish my certification? Appreciate your help in advance! 

0 Upvotes