HubSpot Academy Support

bdougherty

How to Submit Practical Exercises?

Can someone help me understand how to complete the practical exercises in the new certification courses? When I click on "Start Exercise" it just takes me to the relevant page in my account. There are no instructions there. There is no way to designate to HubSpot "Here is the completed assignment" there is nothing on the course page for me to link to a completed exercise or submit it there. I'm trying to re-complete my Contextual Marketing Course as it expired April 1st. Within my account, all the practical exercises have been completed because we regularly use smart content. I just need to know how to show I've done it and get it graded.

70 Replies 70
DavidLisboa

I am having the same issue here. The exercise is done, but not marked as completed. What should I do?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi Brittney,

The prompt for the exercise should be on the same page where you click the "begin exercise" button. Once it redirects you will need to go back to the original page of the exercise if you would like to look at the prompt again!

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi there,

You should be able to see the instructions on the practical exercises before you even begin them like so: https://www.evernote.com/l/AJdrxM4hwm9Bv7NLW07gv-jHNlEp_eZnQzI

When you click into "start exercise," it will take you to the place where you can perform these actions. A big chunk of them will be automatically graded - in other words, we will see programmatically whether you completed the event or not. Some are still manually graded so a human has to go in and assess the work.

Does this make sense? Let me know what gets confusing about this process as we want to look at improving it and making it more intuitive.

Best,

Maggie

0 Upvotes
SanaJridi

Hi Maggie, 

I have the same issue, I've completed the practical exercice, and it has been over 48hours, but still shows in progress. Please find below a screenshot for your reference . can you please advise how can I solve this ? thanks a lot ! Create a contact HS.PNG

0 Upvotes
Crystal_L

Hi Maggie,

I am having trouble with the practical exercises as well except my issue is the majority of them require me to have the Marketing Hub Professional or above to attempt them. I am an individual digital marketer so I not currently working with a company that has access to the paid versions. I was told though that this wouldn't affect my ability to become certified.

I have completed all the ones that I can and passed the exam, but I'm unsure if my certification validation is in process or it's in the system waiting for me to do more.

I've attached a screenshot of the message I get when attempting to do the practical exercises.

I'm hoping you can help or at least check on the status of my certification and that it's not waiting on me for something. Thank you for your time and help with this!

CrystalScreenshot_2020-08-27 HubSpot - Academy.png

0 Upvotes
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hello!

I think some additional information is needed when one starts off doing the courses. For example, it doesn't say that you should close the tab when you think you've completed the exercise and continue. I found it a bit confusing in the beginning. There is no way to tell if you completed the exercise and one is not sure whether to continue or if they are missing something. That's just my 2 cents worth on practical exercises. 

Kind Regards

Amy-Lou

nicola_york

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I can see the (albeit quite brief) instructions but when I try and complete the practical exercise it opens in a new window with no instructions and no way to indicate that I have completed the exercise. If I return to the existing window it gives me the option 'resume exercise' but there doesn't seem to be anything else to do. Confusing!

cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi Nicola,

The filter your contacts exercise has also be graded and successfully completed for you as well!

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Nicola,

Which exercise is this? Can you share a screenshot or a link to my email addres - mgeorgieva@hubspot.com and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Maggie

0 Upvotes
PriyaMaheshwari

Hi Maggie,

I am facing a similar problem.

I submitted my create a contact exam, but it still shows in progress.

Attaching the screenshot for your reference.

create contact progress.PNG

0 Upvotes
EVK17224

Hello! 

After you feel like you've completed the exercise, refresh the HubSpot Academy window and your status should update. Worked for me!

CJohns
Participant

This is the response everyone is looking for. Down here folks! 

0 Upvotes
Kirigo

Hi Maggie, 

I'm having the exact same issue as Nicola regarding my practical exercises not updating as complete on my course page, despite having performed the exercises twice. 

May you kindly assist?

Thank you, 

Kirigo.

0 Upvotes
Seblun

Hey Maggie,

I'm experiencing the same problems as Nicola.

I'll post a screenshot of which exercise im stuck on.

bugg.PNG

elisenolsen

I am experiencing the same issue as Nicola. I do not know if my activity has been saved or completed. I have tried doing this once before and even after 24 hours, it was not graded. 

When I click "resume" it takes me back to the page and none of my filters that I applied or used previously are there. Is there anything I can do for it do be saved/ graded? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.24.34 PM.png

ayottemary
Participant

HI, I am having the same problem with the exercise below, as soon as I am redirected to the exercise I complete it fine but there's no notification that it's been achieved. When I go back to the course it says 'Resume the exercise' or 'Restart Exercise'. What happens now? As I have tried this numerous times with no luck

bugg.PNG

dkolms

I'm on the filtering exercise and like others it's not clear how to submit - also there are only contacts, so options for filtering were very limited. Should I be accessing a different list of sample contacts or importing my own?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @ayottemary,

Thanks for reaching out! I ran your email address in our backend and I am seeing that it was marked as completed. Did you receive your certification?

Best,

Cristina 

ayottemary
Participant

Perfect! Thank you Cristina,

All received and very helpful.

Thanks again 🙂

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi Seblun, 

The exercise has also been marked as completed for you as well!

0 Upvotes
Therory
Participant

Hi same issue for me, I think I've completed it but it will not move on

Thanks