HubSpot Academy Support

bdougherty

How to Submit Practical Exercises?

Can someone help me understand how to complete the practical exercises in the new certification courses? When I click on "Start Exercise" it just takes me to the relevant page in my account. There are no instructions there. There is no way to designate to HubSpot "Here is the completed assignment" there is nothing on the course page for me to link to a completed exercise or submit it there. I'm trying to re-complete my Contextual Marketing Course as it expired April 1st. Within my account, all the practical exercises have been completed because we regularly use smart content. I just need to know how to show I've done it and get it graded.

70 Replies 70
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hi @danmnguyen,

If you think you've done everything correctly and it's still not showing completed after 24 hours, I would recommend contacting the support team via the help button. Allison was amazing and got everything sorted for me.

Kind Regards

Amy-Louise

mscagnel

Hi, I'm having the same problem. It won't show me that I've completed it. Can you help? 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @mscagnel,

Thanks for reaching out! I ran your email address in our backend and I'm seeing that the filter contacts exercise is all set and completed. One you complete the other three exercises and exam you should be all set!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @cristinaAW ,

woud you mind please checking my email address (support@inboundaddons.com) for the Marketing Software cert practical excercises as well as I completed them yesterday but it is still showing that I need to complete them. The one that is having the issue is "Create a page from a marketplace template" and the page I created is called "HubSpot - Xero customized integration". Thanks in advance 🙂

Samantha

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @Sam_Alford,

I just ran your email address in our backend and it looks like you have one exercise (create buyer persona) in review currently and the other one (create a page from marketplace template) was started but not completed yet. 

Once both exercises have been completed and passed you should be all set!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @cristinaAW ,

thanks for the follow up. The other one (create a page from marketplace template) that is saying was started but not completed yet is the one I have actually completed but can't seem to mark it as complete. The page I created is called "HubSpot - Xero customized integration". How can I mark that as complete so it can be reviewed please?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @Sam_Alford ,

In order to complete this exercise please make sure to browse the asset marketplace and find a template that will suit your needs. (Note: You must download a new template to your account; you cannot use a previously downloaded template to complete this exercise) Once you’ve found an appropriate template, follow these steps: 1. Download the template to your HubSpot account. 2. Create a new page from this template. 3. Replace the placeholder content with your content. Save the draft. It isn't necessary to publish this page.

In order to pass you must download a complete new template.

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
Sam_Alford
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @cristinaAW ,

yes, I did all that! That's exactly how I created the page "HubSpot - Xero customized integration" that I mentioned in my earlier response. I went to Marketing->Website->Landing pages. Then clicked Create-> Landing page. I selected and downloaded the marketplace template "Landing Img" and I haven't used that template before.

I then replaced all the placeholder content and saved the page. I did this on 23 March after I completed the exam and the other task I had to complete which was to create a buyer persona. If you check the page creation date and details you'll see I did this at that time.

Do I need to do it all again?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @Sam_Alford,

Thank you for clarifying! I completely understand the confusion here. Despite never having used the template mentioned, in order to successfully pass this exercise you must download a completely new template from the marketplace. The team is looking to see if the user taking the certification can successfully download a new template and then create a page with said template.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
Nitrogen

Hello,

I have a problem with submitting the practical exercise on 'CMS for developers practicum'. I finished the task and there is a field where I should input the link to the template I have made 'Make sure to include the link to the template and not a page created from the template.' 

However I cannot find out how to get the link to the template?? I tried contacting your live support but unfortunately the lady was unable to help me out.

Could you guide me how to finally submit the practical exercise?

Best Regards,

Michal Ostrowicki

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @Nitrogen,

Thank you for reaching out! You should be able to just submit the web URL of the page the template is on. Please let me know if you are unable to submit it!

Best,

cristina 

0 Upvotes
Bransom2011

I too am having this exact same issue.  I have completed the exercise,  but there is no update of the previous certification course page.  There should be some type of additional confirmation that an individual has completed the exercise in the course. Only having the option to Skip or Resume leads to a high degree of ambiguity.  

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.45.07 AM.png

psholly

Click 'Start exercise' to begin. 

- I don't have this button at all.

Why?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @psholly,

Thanks for reaching out! The filter contacts exercise on your end has been completed which is why you are not seeing the start exercise. Once you complete the other three exercises and exam, you will be all set!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
saadia
Participant

Same issue with the same course (HubSpot Sales Software). I contacted chat support, they asked to wait for a week for the practical texts to be manually graded. It's been a week now and I have no response till now. Can someone from the HS team please try and process this faster as I need this certification urgently?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @saadia and @Kriss,

Thank you so much for reaching out! Are you both still experiencing an issue with these certifications?

Best,
Cristina 

0 Upvotes
saadia
Participant

Yes, been months. Still haven't received certification. Contacted so many customer service representators, still no help. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone. 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @saadia,

Thank you for clarifying! I ran your email address in our backend and unfortunately it seems that 3 of the 4 exercises did not successfully pass. In order to receive the certification you will need to re-do the following exercises:

1. filter your contacts

2. Create a deal

3. Create a task

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
SaintYupar

Hello. I'm facing the same problem here. How do I know that I have completed practical exams. There is no completed button. Please help. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @SaintYupar,

I hope this finds you well! I ran your email address in our backend and I am seeing that the certification was given out two weeks ago, are you still unable to see it on your end?

Cristina

0 Upvotes
ChrisKowalewski

Same issue here. Very tough to understand if I'm wasting my time or progressing through these excercises. Appreciate any support.