HubSpot Academy Support

JakeLevesque
Participant

How to Automate HubSpot form submission to Salesforce New Leads

SOLVE

I have my HubSpot dev portal integrated with my Salesforce sandbox environment right now and currently if I submit a form to HubSpot I have to go into the Contact record that was created and manually click the 'Sync with Salesforce' button.  This then creates a new Lead object for me to work with in Salesforce.

My problem is trying to find a way to automate this so that with every form submitted to HubSpot the 'Sync to Salesforce' process triggers automatically.  I have seen in HS workflows I can trigger it to create a new Task or Campaign in Salesforce, but no option to create a new Lead. 

Does anyone know if this is possible to accomplish??

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @JakeLevesque. By default, any net-new form submissions (among other criteria) sync automatically to Salesforce. All you'd need on the form is one mapped property (like email) to get set, and the sync occurs within a minute or so of the submission. 

Check the connector mappings page in HubSpot, and ensure you see standard and custom mappings there, corresponding to your standard and custom lead and contact fields in Salesforce. If these are missing - which could happen if the initial setup was incomplete - that would explain what you're looking at, and HubSpot Support can help restore them for you.

If mappings exist, and mapped properties live on your form, there's one other edge case which might explain this. By default, HubSpot contacts with a lifecycle stage value of subscriber don't sync to Salesforce. If you were passing lifecycle stage as a hidden form field, and setting it to this value, that might also explain what you're seeing. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @JakeLevesque. By default, any net-new form submissions (among other criteria) sync automatically to Salesforce. All you'd need on the form is one mapped property (like email) to get set, and the sync occurs within a minute or so of the submission. 

Check the connector mappings page in HubSpot, and ensure you see standard and custom mappings there, corresponding to your standard and custom lead and contact fields in Salesforce. If these are missing - which could happen if the initial setup was incomplete - that would explain what you're looking at, and HubSpot Support can help restore them for you.

If mappings exist, and mapped properties live on your form, there's one other edge case which might explain this. By default, HubSpot contacts with a lifecycle stage value of subscriber don't sync to Salesforce. If you were passing lifecycle stage as a hidden form field, and setting it to this value, that might also explain what you're seeing. 

JakeLevesque
Participant

SOLVE

I've double checked my connector mappings and from what I can see they are set up properly, both standard and custom fields.  I do have two Salesforce mapped fields on my form, one visible and one hidden.

The Lifecycle Stage is on the form as a hidden field with a default value of Marketing Qualified Lead.  I tried making this visible and re submitting but that did not trigger the sync either.

I'm not sure what else is missing here...

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I'm not sure, either. You can create a smart list called an inclusion list, which would prevent records syncing unless they hit criteria you specify. However, I don't think that's in play here, because you simply resynced a record, and it showed up in Salesforce. If you did have an inclusion list in place, it would take some sort of data change (adding the new contact to the list), then the sync would occur. 

I'd reach out to support with examples where this has happened. They and the product team should be able to see more about what happened after the form submit, but before the manual sync, and diagnose next step. Keep any test contacts intact in your portal for the time being, in case they need to refer to them. What you've experienced is not expected behavior for the connector. 

0 Upvotes
JakeLevesque
Participant

SOLVE

I trimmed down my mappings just now to only include the 4 or 5 fields I have on my HubSpot form and that ended up working out for me.  It takes a bit longer than expected to see the Lead created in Salesforce, around 5 minutes or so, but it does work automatically for me now.

Thanks for your help and suggestions in resolving this matter for me.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Glad to hear you're back up and running. Repeat form submissions take a few minutes longer to sync than brand-new records, as they're assigned to different pipelines. Net-new tests should be quicker than repeat submissions. 

Also, if you switched SF orgs (I'm not sure this was the case, but it's unclear from the original post) and had mappings pointing to prod which are not part of your current sandbox org, that may have had something to do with what you saw. HubSpot Support would be able to speak more to anamolies like this, if orgs were switched with no changes to mappings.

0 Upvotes