HubSpot Academy Support

SherylGrey

How can I hide my test score on my certificate?

I just completed the social media marketing certification course. When I added my certification to LinkedIn, I noticed it shows my test score. Although I passed, my score wasn't fabulous, so I really don't want to show it. When I completed the content marketing certification, my score did not show up on the link to my certificate, so I'm not sure why the social media marketing one does. Is there a way to link to a version that doesn't show the score or to hide the score somehow? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hi @SherylGrey,

When I clicked on the link it asked me to log into my HubSpot which then resulted in me seeing my own certificate and score.   I did click on your other certificate and it worked perfectly. However, I haven't managed to get that right on my own profile so have just left the ID off. You can always add a post with the actual certificate if you want everyone to see it. Very strange. Maybe @cristinaAW will have more information for you.

Kind Regards,

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @SherylGrey,

Thank you for reaching out! Currently, test scores are not automatically brought into Linkedin when sharing your certification unless they are manually entered or if you take a screenshot of the congratulations page. Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end? I took a look at your certification link and I'm not seeing the test score listed anywhere.

Thanks,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
SherylGrey

Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile so you can see what I mean.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/houstonfreelancewritersherylgrey/ 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @SherylGrey,

I hope this finds you well! When looking at your Linkedin profile, I am unable to see your test score. If you click on the 'view credentials' link it will redirect you to your HubSpot account where only you will be able to see that information.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Cristina 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.07.58 AM.png

0 Upvotes
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hi @cristinaAW,

Did you look at the credential under that one as well? It would be nice if they all looked and worked like that.

Kind Regards,

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @AmyLou,

Which credential are you referring to?

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hi @cristinaAW,

The Content Marketing Certification.

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData  

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @AmyLou,

Thanks for clarifying! The difference between the certs in this case all comes down to the toggle a user can enable on the certification page in HubSpot. Due to new privacy and GDPR security measures put in place in the Academy app, a user must consent to sharing their certification on a platform like Linkedin. By this we mean they must agree to show the actual certification they received like the content marketing example. The reason why the social media cert is redirecting to a HubSpot login page is because this user has not toggled on the 'share' switch on the cert page!

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
SherylGrey

Hi Caiello. My toggle is on, so it shows that I do consent to share my certification. Even with the toggle on, it shows the score at the top. I don't understand why this is happening. Is there anything I can do to make the score not show up?

0 Upvotes
cristinaAW
Academy Team
Academy Team

Hi @SherylGrey,

Where are you seeing your score exactly? Is it in HubSpot on Linkedin? In looking at your Linkedin profile, I don't see your scores posted anywhere in relation to your certifications.

Best,

Cristina 

0 Upvotes
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hi @SherylGrey,

I'm sure @cristinaAW will reply later, but you definitely can't see your score. You are only seeing it because you are logged into your HubSpot account.

Kind Regards,

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData

0 Upvotes
AmyLou
Top Contributor

Hi @cristinaAW,

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I learnt something new. 🙂

Kind Regards,

Amy-Louise

Senior Business Analyst

MethodData 

0 Upvotes
SherylGrey

Hi Cristina. I don't see a way to attach a screenshot, so I'm including the link that opens up when I click on "see credential." This is what comes up. If you look at the top, you can see my score. 

https://app.hubspot.com/academy/8408249/tracks/29/exam/award/29/AcademySocialMediaCertification 

0 Upvotes