HubSpot Academy Support

rbur
Miembro

Feedback on HubSpot's Sales Certification Courses

resolver

Is there any way to make this course more challenging?  Most people don’t pass on their first try?  Where’s the incentive?  I’ve been in sales for 15 years, have an MBA in marketing and failed.  My salesperson has been in sales for 10 years, has an MBA in finance and she failed.  Now all I have to look forward to is taking notes on everything that comes out of the instructors mouth and painful anticipation of failing another test.  Not fun at all, and this is just the first test.  Just a Monday morning thought.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
KyleJepson
Solución
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

resolver

Thanks for letting us know! I'm actually in the process of making updates to the Inbound Sales course, so I'm always happy to get input from our students.

I guess my question to you would be--did you learned anything? We don't design the courses to be easy, but the hope is that, by working through the classes, you'll learn things that will change the way you do business.

So after "taking notes on everything that comes out of the instructor's mouth," do you feel like you're seeing the world of sales differently, or was it all stuff that you knew intuitively based on your 15 years of experience?

(FYI--This isn't meant as a rhetorical question. If you really feel like you didn't learn anything while sitting through the classes, then we definitely need to change something! I'm open to all feedback.)

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
KyleJepson
Solución
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

resolver

Thanks for letting us know! I'm actually in the process of making updates to the Inbound Sales course, so I'm always happy to get input from our students.

I guess my question to you would be--did you learned anything? We don't design the courses to be easy, but the hope is that, by working through the classes, you'll learn things that will change the way you do business.

So after "taking notes on everything that comes out of the instructor's mouth," do you feel like you're seeing the world of sales differently, or was it all stuff that you knew intuitively based on your 15 years of experience?

(FYI--This isn't meant as a rhetorical question. If you really feel like you didn't learn anything while sitting through the classes, then we definitely need to change something! I'm open to all feedback.)

0 Me gusta
rbur
Miembro

resolver

Thanks for listening Kyle.  I understand that you're trying to create a course that fits all industries and that's a daunting task.  I haven't re-taken the test so I wouldn't know how to answer specifically what I've learned about taking notes and testing (for this course).  What I can offer is I haven't learned anything new other than the terms you apply to the process I go through every day.  Some people sell products, in my industry we sell solutions (crane sales).  For anyone who's ever made a living on a commission type pay plan they either learn and adapt or find another job more suitable.  I wouldn't expect your courses to be easy, it wouldn't be challenging and the student wouldn't engage, but I would hope that over 50% pass on the first try and that's not the feedback I got from Sarah.  I do hope that you can find a way to be less technical and personalize the environment.  I had to re-read each question several times to understand who the buyer is, who the seller is and what part of the process they're in.  I couldn't tell you what CGPT, CI & BA stand for but I can walk you through the process of selling and the thought process in the buyers and sellers mind. 

As for my next study session to re-take the test>start video, listen, stop video, write down notes, start video, listen, stop video, write down notes.....wish me luck.