HubSpot Academy Support

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

I love HubSpot!  When I first started taking courses and lessons there was space for comments. While it might not be necessary at every level, I believe there should be something.

I've seen amazing transformations in classes and professors. There has to be a better way then just reaching out to the professor individually.  I would hope that constructive feedback would be used as part of an evaluation and compensation program.

Big question - what caused this feature to be removed?

Thank you.

Chris

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
epeters
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

Ah okay, that's quite a while ago! Well I will certainly bring this feedback to the team and catch up with Lindsay. 🙂 Thanks again for being part of our community.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
epeters
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc ! 

Thanks for your kind words and helpful feedback. I'm not sure if we ever gave users the ability to add comments about course content in HubSpot Academy directly. Maybe you can clarify when you saw this, which course/lesson you were taking, or how the comments were entered? Perhaps this was one of the feedback surveys at the end of the course? 

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

@epeters Look back to around October 2014 and check with Lindsay Thibault as she was one of my original professors. 

0 Upvotes
epeters
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

Ah okay, that's quite a while ago! Well I will certainly bring this feedback to the team and catch up with Lindsay. 🙂 Thanks again for being part of our community.

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

@epeters I don't think I took the courses in 2015 -2017. Life was crazy enough and I am not sure if I understood the certificates expired.  Lindsay is the only professor I remember from then that is still around. Several of them had left HubSpot before I took the courses. 

Today's professors I reach out regularly and let them know how much I appreciate them but it is helpful to them professionally to have the feedback to reflect back on at review time. I'm energized by many of them.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

One of the ways we've engaged HubSpot Academy professors is via LinkedIn. We've found all to be quite responsive. However, agree with @gelflex-cc, not quite scalable or easily trackable internally from a performance perspective.

Lately, we've seen SurveyMonkey surveys after CMS and developer course content. These are very helpful (and are probably integrated with HubSpot). Hat's off to @jausura for the fine work there.

Perhaps we can look to Microsoft's LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) for an excellent example of their feedback model. They use a sort of 'Q&A/Chat thingy' -- technical term. haha 🙂 It gives participants the option of BOTH asking AND answering questions about course content -- quite engaging and allows those willing to share their new found knowledge with others.

cc: @Julien 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Julien
Academy Team
Academy Team

Comment on feedback

SOLVE

Thanks for looping me in @MFrankJohnson!

I've always wanted some sort of note-taking in Academy as well as an "ask a question" ability. As the product continues to mature I'm sure these will be things that we will look into more.