HubSpot Academy Support

simonrichard

Asking about press request in SEO

SOLVE

Hi guys, i'm new here and i'm learning the SEO training course, and there is a part about press request, i still really don't understand this very much because there haven't been any specific study case about it, so anyone can explain it further for me ?
I'm really appreciate, thank you! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lindsaykolowich
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Simon, welcome to the community! I'm glad you're asking questions about these specific SEO tactics and I'm happy to help clarify.

Responding to press request alerts is one SEO tactic for earning high-value links that the course instructor Matthew Howells-Barby recommends because he's seen it work really, really well. Here's how it works: When journalists research new articles they're writing, they often look for quotes from industry experts to include in their articles – or sometimes they're writing a product roundup and are looking for great products to include. To get these quotes and product examples quickly, journalists use press services like HARO and Source Bottle to send out a "request"  and wait for people to respond. All you need to do is sign up for these press services and get these press requests sent to your inbox, and then repond quickly.

For example, let's say a journalist is writing an article about wearable technology and is looking for quotes from wearable technology experts to include in her article. If your company sells or has a stance on wearable technology, you may want to send a quote from you or one of your company's executives for the journalist to include. If you can send the journalist a great quote she can use in her article, then she will often link back to your website in the article (e.g. "Lindsay Kolowich from HubSpot says..."). Links from media sites are often high-quality and valuable for SEO, so getting a backlink from them will help increase the SEO authority of your own website.

The first step is to sign up for press request alerts, organize your inbox to filter out press requests that include keywords you and your business are interested in, and then respond to requests quickly (ideally by having quotes already chosen and ready to send when the topic is needed). 

The course goes into these steps in more detail, but I hope this overview helps clarify what press request alerts are and how they can help you with backlinking to your website. Let me know if you have specific questions about anything I included here!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
lindsaykolowich
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Simon, welcome to the community! I'm glad you're asking questions about these specific SEO tactics and I'm happy to help clarify.

Responding to press request alerts is one SEO tactic for earning high-value links that the course instructor Matthew Howells-Barby recommends because he's seen it work really, really well. Here's how it works: When journalists research new articles they're writing, they often look for quotes from industry experts to include in their articles – or sometimes they're writing a product roundup and are looking for great products to include. To get these quotes and product examples quickly, journalists use press services like HARO and Source Bottle to send out a "request"  and wait for people to respond. All you need to do is sign up for these press services and get these press requests sent to your inbox, and then repond quickly.

For example, let's say a journalist is writing an article about wearable technology and is looking for quotes from wearable technology experts to include in her article. If your company sells or has a stance on wearable technology, you may want to send a quote from you or one of your company's executives for the journalist to include. If you can send the journalist a great quote she can use in her article, then she will often link back to your website in the article (e.g. "Lindsay Kolowich from HubSpot says..."). Links from media sites are often high-quality and valuable for SEO, so getting a backlink from them will help increase the SEO authority of your own website.

The first step is to sign up for press request alerts, organize your inbox to filter out press requests that include keywords you and your business are interested in, and then respond to requests quickly (ideally by having quotes already chosen and ready to send when the topic is needed). 

The course goes into these steps in more detail, but I hope this overview helps clarify what press request alerts are and how they can help you with backlinking to your website. Let me know if you have specific questions about anything I included here!