Continue the Conversation: Work Your Workflows

Highlighted
Inbound Professor

Thanks for joining my Inbound presentation Work Your Workflows: 18 Workflow Updates to Strengthen Your Automation Strategy.

Please feel free to use this thread for anything that would've happened if this was an in-person presentation— ask questions, network, and share your thoughts. I'd love to hear about ways you've found success using these updates.

Enjoy the rest of Inbound 2020!

29 Replies 29
Highlighted

Where do I find the slide deck for the presentation?

Highlighted
Inbound Professor

The INBOUND team has a copy of the slides that they will be sharing with Powerhouse Pass attendees along with a recording of the session. Stay tuned! 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey AnniKim! Thanks for the interesting session. A lot of very good developments has happened in workflows in the past few months. We have 100+ workflows in our account with many of them referencing few contact owners. Whenever a person leaves our team, I find it hard to find workflows that are referring her/him and replace with the new team member. Is there an easy way to search and replace them?

Highlighted
Inbound Professor

Hi @PrashanthRV and everyone who upvoted Prashanth's request! This is an idea that's been submitted and you can upvote it here

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

Great session! 

√ Did my post help answer your question? Pay it forward and help the Community by marking it as solution!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Anni! Great job on your presentation today! How can you add an action to a workflow based on a value a contact has selected on a form in a previous action? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @katethedowry ,

I'm Megan, a product manager for the workflows team. I would love to hear more about this use case. Can you outline an example with some details on what you're trying to accomplish in a workflow with this one? 

Best,

Megan

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Megan; 

I have a form that asks contacts what types of content they would like to hear about. Would love the ability to send relevant information to contacts based on the type of content they select. Values included how-tos, latest trends and real life stories.  

Kate 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I believe form responses are saved as contact properties so you could just set your workflow based on those fields. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you for this great solution! I've looked into my contact properties and played around with my enrollment triggers to get this to work as I want it to! Woohoo!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Great presentation! I was hoping for a link to the Automation guide that you mentioned that was recently launched. Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Inbound Professor

@Arggh1 Here's the link to the learning path Automation Across the Flywheel. Thanks so much for joining today!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

Big Hearts for that Anni,

Loads of amazing stuff to accelerate workflow usage, my favorite area just got better!

KR 

Mike

Highlighted

Hi Anni! Thank you very much for the presentation. It was awesome. 

Can you send us again the link to review the succesfull workflows from the community?

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner
Highlighted
New Contributor

So for a while, we have asked the possibility to schedule workflows to run for example everyday at 08:00 am. At that point, we want to automate that it moves the deals that haven't been updated for 3months to a new "expired" deal stage. 

Is this possible?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Howdy,

Is there a way to create a WF heirarchy? For example, making WF1 be the source of truth and "trumps" anything that WF2 may try to change on a Contact?

Highlighted
Top Contributor

Sure, many ways you could us a numeric field that gives a field a value of the workflow

ie 3

and a qualifier in the trigger for lower heirarchies

is heirarchy is less that 4 on workflow 3

then they would not trigger that way.

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Top Contributor
Should maybe add that you’d be updating the value in each workflow.
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Trigger Sequences from a workflow.

Is there any possibility to trigger a sales sequence from within a workflow.

Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @jonaslenntun ,

That feature is currently being reviewed by the team, please follow along on this post for the most up to date information!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-workflow-to-trigger-a-sequence/idc-p/372466#M6513...

Best,

Megan

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner

You can populate a field with a value based on an activity and then use that for enrolment criteria for a sequence.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner

It was great to see all of these key functions summarized.  We definitely missed a few. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for leading your session today! I learned so much, great way to start INBOUND! But I did have a question about permissions! Is there a way to set users as read-only on workflows and not give them edit capabilities. We have so many options for all the other marketing tools that this would be a nice feature. Many of our Sales staff want to see how a workflow is set up, but I do not want them to make any changes, just view. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @bhalferty 

We're working on granular view/edit permissions, and it's coming soon 😀

Best,

Megan

Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Great presentation Today! Does the team have any plans to add Task Reassignment functionality as a workflow feature? This could make Sales Rep reassignments more efficient and reduce customer friction. For example, a workflow that says when a Deal, Company, or Contact owner is changed,  then change the outstanding tasks assignment to the new object owner?

Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @HarvestROI , we don't have immediate plans to address this. Would that reassignment always go to a new owner? Also, do you have any thoughts on what to do when/if an owner is removed?

There is an idea post here that I would encourage you to upvote and add ideas in there! https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Re-Assigning-Tasks/idi-p/342654 

Thank you so much for attending and giving us your idea here!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for a great session! @AnniKim 

Also @AnniKim , the one issue i've had with no. 16 (Control Merged Contact Workflow Enrollment), is that it is a GREAT update, however, it cannot be bulk applied, and that's exactly what we need to do with it.  

Is there a way to do this?

And perhaps if you were able to set the default value for the account, so each time it was automatically set at Y or N, this would decrease the margin of error in workflow creation.

I'm guessing this second one is going to have to be a feature request?

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes