HubSpot Academy Educational Examples

AnniKim
Formateur inbound
Formateur inbound

Continue the Conversation: Work Your Workflows

Thanks for joining my Inbound presentation Work Your Workflows: 18 Workflow Updates to Strengthen Your Automation Strategy.

Please feel free to use this thread for anything that would've happened if this was an in-person presentation— ask questions, network, and share your thoughts. I'd love to hear about ways you've found success using these updates.

Enjoy the rest of Inbound 2020!

29 Réponses
jamesoaus
Participant

Thanks for a great session! @AnniKim 

Also @AnniKim , the one issue i've had with no. 16 (Control Merged Contact Workflow Enrollment), is that it is a GREAT update, however, it cannot be bulk applied, and that's exactly what we need to do with it.  

Is there a way to do this?

And perhaps if you were able to set the default value for the account, so each time it was automatically set at Y or N, this would decrease the margin of error in workflow creation.

I'm guessing this second one is going to have to be a feature request?

Thanks again!

HarvestROI
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Great presentation Today! Does the team have any plans to add Task Reassignment functionality as a workflow feature? This could make Sales Rep reassignments more efficient and reduce customer friction. For example, a workflow that says when a Deal, Company, or Contact owner is changed,  then change the outstanding tasks assignment to the new object owner?

jtremblay
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi @HarvestROI , we don't have immediate plans to address this. Would that reassignment always go to a new owner? Also, do you have any thoughts on what to do when/if an owner is removed?

There is an idea post here that I would encourage you to upvote and add ideas in there! https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Re-Assigning-Tasks/idi-p/342654 

Thank you so much for attending and giving us your idea here!

bhalferty
Participant

Thank you for leading your session today! I learned so much, great way to start INBOUND! But I did have a question about permissions! Is there a way to set users as read-only on workflows and not give them edit capabilities. We have so many options for all the other marketing tools that this would be a nice feature. Many of our Sales staff want to see how a workflow is set up, but I do not want them to make any changes, just view. 

MeganLegge

Hi @bhalferty 

We're working on granular view/edit permissions, and it's coming soon 😀

Best,

Megan

Yeti_Chris
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

It was great to see all of these key functions summarized.  We definitely missed a few. 

jonaslenntun
Membre

Trigger Sequences from a workflow.

Is there any possibility to trigger a sales sequence from within a workflow.

Yeti_Chris

You can populate a field with a value based on an activity and then use that for enrolment criteria for a sequence.

MeganLegge

Hi @jonaslenntun ,

That feature is currently being reviewed by the team, please follow along on this post for the most up to date information!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-workflow-to-trigger-a-sequence/idc-p/372466#M6513...

Best,

Megan

atxdubya
Participant

Howdy,

Is there a way to create a WF heirarchy? For example, making WF1 be the source of truth and "trumps" anything that WF2 may try to change on a Contact?

MikeCormack
Contributeur de premier rang

Sure, many ways you could us a numeric field that gives a field a value of the workflow

ie 3

and a qualifier in the trigger for lower heirarchies

is heirarchy is less that 4 on workflow 3

then they would not trigger that way.

Hope that helps

MikeCormack

Should maybe add that you’d be updating the value in each workflow.
jonaslenntun
Membre

So for a while, we have asked the possibility to schedule workflows to run for example everyday at 08:00 am. At that point, we want to automate that it moves the deals that haven't been updated for 3months to a new "expired" deal stage. 

Is this possible?

KevinRuano
Membre

Hi Anni! Thank you very much for the presentation. It was awesome. 

Can you send us again the link to review the succesfull workflows from the community?

Thanks again!

Ckleming
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

MikeCormack

Big Hearts for that Anni,

Loads of amazing stuff to accelerate workflow usage, my favorite area just got better!

KR 

Mike

Arggh1
Participant

Great presentation! I was hoping for a link to the Automation guide that you mentioned that was recently launched. Thanks! 

AnniKim
Formateur inbound
Formateur inbound

@Arggh1 Here's the link to the learning path Automation Across the Flywheel. Thanks so much for joining today!

Arggh1
Participant

Thank you!

katethedowry
Contributeur

Hi Anni! Great job on your presentation today! How can you add an action to a workflow based on a value a contact has selected on a form in a previous action?