HubFans

franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Wisdom of the crowd - HubSpot Lists

Hi all

I'm working on an AMA post with @kvlschaefer for an AMA session in late January 2023, working title "Lists - HubSpot's most underrated feature?" (open to something snappier or with a nice pun!).

So my question to the HubFans - What is your must have list any HubSpot portal should have? What was your "**bleep**, those lists are powerful" moment? 

Would love to hear your thoughts and will of course tag and give credit in the final AMA post

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @franksteiner79 such a great topic, I love a good list!

If it weren't a tv show, I'd tell you to name it "love it or list it" because a lot of the best lists I've created are when things are happening that I don't love and need to be fixed.

Here are a few that are small, but mighty:

1 - The Losing Interest List - in addition to the unsubscribed, bounced, etc. lists to keep your CRM healthy, the "don't send to unengaged contacts" is a great feature, but having a list to warn you and automate workflows around before they become unengaged can help you better classify your leads before you lose contact altogether.

I tend to use these leads for testing new ideas, it's usually a small subset and they're not engaging with your current content so it kind of makes the ideal audience to try new things that divert from your usual strategy/campaigns. I've seen some lists go from the brink of unengagement to top performing!

2 - The Smart CTA List(s) - If there is anything you send on a recurring basis, it can be easier to send to a larger list and then customize the content and CTA based on segments within that list by creating additional lists to support the personalization. Smart CTA has to be one of the most underutilized features and using it in an email takes it to a new level

3 - The Looper List - I like to use lists to unenroll or re-enroll contacts into workflows, using lists to create a loop can save a lot of time in building workflows. This is especially useful for workflows that you use to keep your CRM data clean (if you don't have data quality command center).

I haven't done anything really cool with lists lately, but maybe something will come to me later from a previous project.

Nothing ground breaking, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's ideas and the AMA! Thanks for the mention @kvlschaefer!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @franksteiner79,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm excited to work on the AMA with you 😊

I would like to invite our HubFans and Champions to get this conversation kicked off!

Hi @Jnix284@Bryantworks@Alex_Elborn@RomyFuchs1@GeorgeBThomas - Do you have any thoughts for @franksteiner79?

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
RomyFuchs1
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @franksteiner79 

here my favourites:

• Confirmed contacts: Find all contacts inside one list who have confirmed the double opt-in. With this list we made some smart forms. If you are inside the list you will see the content you want to download directly on a TYP, if not you will see another TYP with the information to confirm it.
  • Specific technology user: You can see by HubSpot Insights inside your company history what technology the company is using on their website. Maybe your technology is the better one and you can send emails only to contacts which don't use them right now or one from a special competitor of you.
  • Contacts with no interaction: We can run some re-engagement campaigns with this list. So you won't lose this contacts.

Regards

facebooktwitterlinkedininstagram
Romy Fuchs

Head of Marketing | HubSpot Trainer

BEE Digital Growth GmbH

+41 (0) 43 336 9003 | +49 (0) 711 49010128
r.fuchs@bee.digital
https://www.bee.digital/
Relenbergstraße 6, 70174 Stuttgart
Termin vereinbaren