HubFans

ThatChristinaG
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

What are you working on this week?

Hey HubFans!

What are you working on this week? Is there anything this group can do to help you?

Would love to hear more about your work and how we can possibly collaborate!

4 Replies 4
KMellert
Participant

We have connected one of our company group emails through the Conversations Inbox channel. Working through the process of whether or not we want 1 person to manage and assign these or if we want the team to make it part of their daily routine to check that channel. Also, we aren't sure yet if we are going to remove the personal emails from the email group so they don't get duplicate notifications (one in Outlook and one in Hubspot). Any suggestions for a newbie on this topic? 

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@KMellert happy to share some suggestions, what do you mean by remove personal emails from the email group? 

Is the email that you've connected to the HubSpot inbox it's own email account, or is it a group email with multiple recipients?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
KMellert
Participant

The email group was added to Hubspot as an Inbox Channel. Now, all people in the group get an email in Outlook and an email notification from Hubspot. When they reply from Outlook with their personal email, it logs to the contact in Hubspot but doesn't log the reply in the Hubspot Inbox Channel. So it's an extra step to go into Hubspot to manage that channel (assign the email, close it). Just wondering if there was a simplified way to do this.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

@KMellert if you can dedicate a user to manage the inbox channel, I think that would be a more streamlined experience for your customers (rather than getting individual replies from different team members).

Then you can remove the individuals from the group email so they don't get copies of all of the emails, if there is important information to share, they can be @mentioned from the inbox by the user managing the conversations on an as needed basis.

I think it really comes down to who needs what information and when - are these mission critical communications that need full transparency with the group, or can it be fully centralized.

IMO it's not worth connecting to the inbox if you plan to continue working from outlook, it's just an extra set of notifications and leaves too much risk for error if someone doesn't respond or two people respond from different locations.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes