HubFans

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Looking for feedback. HubSpot vs. Pardot

Hi Everyone, 

I am hoping to get some bullet list-style experiences from people who have moved over from Pardot to the HubSpot platform.  What did Pardot do better, what does HubSpot do better and anything in between that can be used to present to my management? Currently, we are 3 years into our HubSpot user experience and I am not a huge fan of the Salesforce setup myself. 

Appreciate any and all feedback!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
indiracatmedia
Contributor | Elite Partner

One of the main benefits is having marketing, sales and service streamlined in one platform. HubSpot's all-in-one approach sets them apart from the competition. While Salesforce acquired Pardot in an effort to expand its product suite, HubSpot has developed its own Marketing Automation, CRM, and Service tools from the ground up. This unified strategy leads to a consistent user experience and seamless integration between each component. In contrast, Salesforce's acquisition of Pardot requires manual connections and additional maintenance to provide a similar level of cohesion across platforms. For companies looking for a streamlined solution without added technical complexity, HubSpot may be the obvious choice. You can have a look at HubSpot v Pardot detailed comparison here. I hope this helps 🙂

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Thank you @indiracatmedia At this time our sales ops is married to salesforce - we perform all marketing in HS and then pass the baton to sales in salesforce so unifying under one platform will never happen. However, other branches within our ecosystem are weighing out the HS for marketing or Pardot for marketing. The thought being having Pardot will streamline reporting and offer more visibility on ROI as currently the information is interpreted differently in each platform. 

0 Upvotes
indiracatmedia

I totally get it, @Msyvrais; we often hear that sometimes the pain of switching platforms outweighs the benefits of the switch. You could help them by pointing out your own experience using HubSpot has brought to your team and how the HubSpot-Salesforce integration makes it possible to use both platforms; even if you need to expand it at some point, Ops Hub can get you there. Perhaps I'm biased, but Pardot cannot compare to HubSpot's out-of-the-box attribution reporting and analytics; to get there, you'd need paid add-ons to provide additional functionality that comes with more implementation and maintenance, which requires experienced and well-trained administrators. I hope this helps make your case; best of luck from Ireland!

0 Upvotes
Msyvrais
Key Advisor

Appreciate that so much. I wish it were that easy we are a very large organization and I have no weight on the sales ops side of things and most of the folks on that side see HS as a pain point for them, unfortunately.  

I am doing my best to showcase how much better HS is (for marketing at least) with outside unbiased reviews 🙂 

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @Msyvrais. For me, this is the best representation of my time using Pardot vs. HubSpot:

danmoyle_0-1666369315177.jpeg

I actually wrote about it for my company I work for, here.

What I didn't like about Pardot and Marketing Cloud and SFDC, was that even though it's all the same company, it was very disconnected. To do something like I'd done in HubSpot in the past, I'd have to take 10 steps and sign into different windows, compared to HubSpot where it was 3 steps and in one platform. That was my experience boiled down into one thought. Since then, I've used HubSpot exclusively and I love the dynamic reporting vs. building a "report" only to have to export it into Excel, and a few other things that is just easier in HubSpot. 

That's my two cents! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/