Herramientas para captar leads

CCDuarte
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Member get member: generate code

resolver

Hi,

We are setting up a members Club and will launch a contest for members to get members. 

Our idea was to have an unique code that existing member could share with their contatcs for them to use on registration.  Ideally this should be automatically done but not sure how to do it. 

Read somewhere that we could use Zapier to push codes from a Google Sheet. 

Any other ideas? 

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @CCDuarte,

Zapier would indeed be an option. You could send contacts from HubSpot into a Google Sheet. In this sheet, you'd have to come up with a taxonomy/rule for how to create a code for each contact. You could for example follow this Excel tutorial. With the newly generated referral code for each contact, you could send these contacts back into HubSpot.

With the referral code now available in a custom property, you could use it as a personalization token in emails and share it with your contacts in an email, promoting the competition.

For your registration forms, you would create another custom property that captures the referral code. You could then create a report to find out which code was used the most.

If you have the new Operations Hub Professional, this could also be achieved with custom code in workflows.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @CCDuarte,

If you're concerned about delay, you'd have to look into custom code in workflows. Otherwise, showing a message upon form submission along the lines of "Thank you! You will receive your code within the next 30 minutes" would also be an acceptable user experience.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @CCDuarte,

Zapier would indeed be an option. You could send contacts from HubSpot into a Google Sheet. In this sheet, you'd have to come up with a taxonomy/rule for how to create a code for each contact. You could for example follow this Excel tutorial. With the newly generated referral code for each contact, you could send these contacts back into HubSpot.

With the referral code now available in a custom property, you could use it as a personalization token in emails and share it with your contacts in an email, promoting the competition.

For your registration forms, you would create another custom property that captures the referral code. You could then create a report to find out which code was used the most.

If you have the new Operations Hub Professional, this could also be achieved with custom code in workflows.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta
CCDuarte

resolver

Thanks @karstenkoehler .

Yes, my only concern is that the first part is not automatic, meaning I cant have a code automatically added to the contact upon registration. I'll need a bit of delay for adding the code in Google Sheets. Tricky. 

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @CCDuarte,

If you're concerned about delay, you'd have to look into custom code in workflows. Otherwise, showing a message upon form submission along the lines of "Thank you! You will receive your code within the next 30 minutes" would also be an acceptable user experience.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler