Gmail Sales Extension

martin62

"Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." when trying to use template in GMAIL

SOLVE

Have uninstalled and reinstalled chrome extension for hubspot but still getting the issue of getting a popup with "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." when trying to use the template for emails. 

Latest version of chrome on windows desktop. 

Any ideas?

4 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

"Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." when trying to use template in GMAIL

SOLVE

Q: "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension." when trying to use the template for emails. 

Short A: Test by turning off all other extensions.

Longer A:

We run a full up-to-date Windows 10 lab (with one old Windows 7 machine for grins-n-giggles). Can't speak for 32-bit, but we use templates in Gmail religiously and have seen no such failure on 64-bit machines.

Prove the issue is Chrome Extension related by turning off all extensions (other than HubSpot). Naturally, you may need to shut down Chrome or even restart each time if you've allowed Chrome to run in the background when closed.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi all,

If you are still experiencing this issue can you please try: 

1. Go to chrome://extensions and verify that the version number next to "Hubspot Sales" is 2.8.20 or higher. If it isn't, click the "Update" button at the top of the page.
  2. Enter chrome://restart in the url bar to restart Chrome once the extension is updated. In some cases, the browser may need to be restarted to pick up the new extension changes.

Thank you,
Jenny

cc @roisinkirby 

0 Upvotes
zacharymosby
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I had the same problem today.  I turned off my extensions and even reset chrome. 

But what I did to solve the problem was:

1. Go to the chrome logo on my notifications on the Task Bar and clicked to exit.

2. Then I opened task manger and closed all processes with Chrome. 

Once it reloaded I was up and running again. 

Hope it helps.  

0 Upvotes
tralawar
Solution

SOLVE
A quick way to check if it is an extension as the error denotes is in incognito mode.
(a string of shortcuts to achieve the above)
crtl+l   
crtl+c  
crtl+shift+n 
crtl+v
ENTER  

This chrome extension did it for me.

DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
Privacy, simplified. Protect your data as you search and browse. ***Permissions are to block hidden trackers lurking everywhere.***

22 Replies 22
k3rnal_pan1c

SOLVE

Thanks @MFrankJohnson! That did the trick. I think it was one of my security plugins blocking access.

martin62

SOLVE

Thanks for your response

We have disabled all extensions in chrome apart from hubspot

Are running the most up to date windows 10

Have rebooted computer from scratch with only hubspot extension on

We have repeated this process again this morning

The problem still persists

The problem has only evidenced itself since the latest chrome update was installed last week

0 Upvotes