my profile shows on email open alerts when I did not send or open the email

New Contributor

Other users in our organization constantly see my picture and profile in the opened email alert, when they send emails to other users. I am not even on the distribution list of the email, let alone I am not the one who sent the email or received it, yet they seem my profile picture in the alert popup?

what gives with this?

We use Google for Email.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @burke, are these emails being sent to more that one contact at a time? That's been known to cause some weirdness with the tool. 

I would check out this doc, it's not exactly the same behavior, but might provide some context

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/what-does-a-someone-notificat...

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Nicole,

this is happening when other users on our account sends emails to a single individual, or multiple individuals.

the real issue is that another user say "john doe"  sends an email to "sally smith",  when the email gets opened, my profile, "burke"  is the picture that displays on John Doe's computer in the notification pop-up.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @burke 

The sales tool is intended to be used for individaul email sends, so any time multiple contacts are included on a HubSpot Sales notificaiton, the tracking is not going to work as designed. This could result in someone notifications, or the pictures being misaligned with the user. 

When this happens on an individual email thread, it should pull the image that is associated with the contact in the CRM. Do you see your photo in their contact record as well or just in the individual email notifcations? 

0 Upvotes