Gmail Sales Extension

mrjosephrivera

forwarding address not working

SOLVE

I have connected my gsuite business email account and am trying to log older emails by using my forwarding address.  it literally worked earlier today but is now not working this afternoon.  I can confirm that the 3 requirements listed below are being met.  I've tried logging out and logging back into hubspot but the problem persists. 

Can you please tell me how to troubleshoot?

--------------------

these requirements are being met

--------------------

1. The email address that you forward the email from must match the email address of your user in the CRM.
  2. The recipient does not have the same company email domain as you. The Log in CRM feature will not log an email for any emails that are sent to a contact with the same company email domain as you.
  3. The Forwarded message text block must be present at the top of the email and in English.
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mrjosephrivera
Solution

SOLVE

1. CONFIRMED

2. the issue does NOT persist in an incognito window.  I cleared my cache and it's working! 🙂

3. right now i'm testing the CRM before inviting others so I don't know if others are experiencing.  

----

In summary, clearing the cache fixed the problem.  I can now see the forwarded emails in the desktop app.  thank you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
mrjosephrivera

SOLVE

Update

---------

I see that my emails are being logged in the Android app but not in the desktop dashboard when I use my forwarding address.  Is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mrjosephrivera,

Are you still experiencing issues with this? If so, can you send along some examples (forwarded emails with proper formatting and the corresponding contact records)? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
mrjosephrivera

SOLVE

Yes, i'm still seeing this problem.  Hopefully you can help...

Here's the forwarded email header. Everything is formatted properly..

hs-forward-header.jpg

You can see here that the forwarded email is not recorded when I open HS in my laptop browser (Chrome)...

hs-activity-desktop.jpg

But the email is recorded in the mobile app (android)...

hs-activity-mobile.jpg

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mrjosephrivera

Thank you for the screenshots! Can you confirm: 

1. you're logged in as the same user for the app and the timeline

2. the issue persists across multiple browsers/ in an incognito window

3. if the issue occurs for other users as well 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
mrjosephrivera
Solution

SOLVE

1. CONFIRMED

2. the issue does NOT persist in an incognito window.  I cleared my cache and it's working! 🙂

3. right now i'm testing the CRM before inviting others so I don't know if others are experiencing.  

----

In summary, clearing the cache fixed the problem.  I can now see the forwarded emails in the desktop app.  thank you!

mrjosephrivera

SOLVE

Yes, unfortunately we're still experiencing the same issues. Hopefully you can help. 

Here's the header for the forwarded message.  Everything checks out.

hs-forward-header.jpg

you can see that the email is  not logged when i view his contact record on my laptop. i'm using Chrome version 69.0.3497.100

hs-activity-desktop.jpg

you can see here that the email is being logged when i view the contact record in the mobile app

hs-activity-mobile.jpg

0 Upvotes