Gmail Sales Extension

bsm007
Stratege/Strategin

exclude my IP address from email tracking pixel

We can exclude our IP from website tracking analytics. Why can we not exclude IP addresses from being tracked by the email tracking pixel in our Hubspot messages?

0 Upvotes
8 Antworten
bsm007
Stratege/Strategin

@AWang4 That is correct. They cannot block the tracking pixel from recording when we open our own messages.

@karstenkoehler Please see my response above. The Never Log excludes email addresses not IP addresses and is not associated with the 'open' tracking by Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
AWang4
Teilnehmer/-in

I managed to find how to block recording for our own email openning.
General > Email > (scroll down the bottom of the page) Email Extension Settings > Manage blocked IP addresses > Add your own IP address > Boom! All done!

Just a quick note that if you are using a dynamic IP, you will need to add the new IP every single time you notice a change on your IP.

Hope this helps someone.

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Hi @bsm007,

You're correct, I misread. You can however exluce recipients from CRM email logging, would that solve your original query? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
bsm007
Stratege/Strategin

No, that will not solve this issue. The intent is to improve our email tracking analytics so they are not recording when we open our own email.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Hi @bsm007,

Got it. Have you looked into this? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/manage-your-hubspot-sales-extension-settings#blocked-i...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
bsm007
Stratege/Strategin

Hi Karsten, 
That excludes email addresses not IP addresses and is not associated with the 'open' tracking by Hubspot.

Additionally, I already verified with Hubspot support that the IP blocking for website analytics is not currently available for email tracking: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/exclude-traffic-from-your-site-analytics
AWang4
Teilnehmer/-in

@bsm007 not trying to steal your thread but struggling with the same issue. Just to make sure I understood it correctly - do you mean Hubspot Support confirms that the IP blocking does not work for email tracking (e.g. the open function)? 

My struggle is that I go through the emails I sent sometimes in the Sent forlder, which would 'accidentally' be logged as Open. It is confusing when the leads list get long. Often I won't remember if that's me opening or that was the lead.

Thank you in advance! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Hi @bsm007,

You can exclude recipients from CRM email logging by putting your internal email addresses onto a Never Log list, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list

Does that solve your query?

Karsten Köhler