Gmail Sales Extension

purdeyh
Participant

contacts in cc get 'lead status' automaticaly

SOLVE

Whenever contacts put other/new contacts in the cc, they are created as a new contact in Hubspot. This is a great feature. But these contacts are created as a 'lead'. I think it's better to created them as a different status, for instance as a 'subscriber'? Do you agree?

1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @purdeyh, thanks for the feedback. The "Log in CRM" feature will add new contacts as a lead because that is the first step in Lifecycle stages. 

If you'd like to adjust this for all of those contacts, I would recommend making a filter for "Original Source Drill-Down 2 contains BCC_TO_CRM" 

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 4.11.57 PM.png

This will allow you to isolate those contacts, and you can then bulk edit their lifecycle stage. It's a little extra work, but will help you quickly and efficiently update the lifecycle stage of these contacts. 

I hope this recommendation helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @purdeyh, thanks for the feedback. The "Log in CRM" feature will add new contacts as a lead because that is the first step in Lifecycle stages. 

If you'd like to adjust this for all of those contacts, I would recommend making a filter for "Original Source Drill-Down 2 contains BCC_TO_CRM" 

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 4.11.57 PM.png

This will allow you to isolate those contacts, and you can then bulk edit their lifecycle stage. It's a little extra work, but will help you quickly and efficiently update the lifecycle stage of these contacts. 

I hope this recommendation helps! 

0 Upvotes
Saper
Contributor

SOLVE

How does this help with the CC emails? Are contacts created from CC emails also tagged under "BCC_TO_CRM"? I don't think so. As of this discussion https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Prevent-CC-d-email-addresses-from-being-created-as-co... there is apparently no way of filtering contacts created from CC emails or preventing creation of them in the first place.

And frankly, one thing that is extremely frustrating on this forum is to see the HubSpot product team or the moderators coming up with completely irrelevant solutions to very real problems rather than focusing on the issue and coming up with a real resolve.

0 Upvotes
jj12stars
Contributor

SOLVE

I can set up this filter, but how do I keep them from being synced to Salesforce? 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jj12stars,

Have you set up a salesforce inclusion list? This will ensure that only the contacts you want synced to salesforce are. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
purdeyh
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Nicole,

This is very helpfull!

Purdey

0 Upvotes