Gmail Sales Extension

aboucheron
Participant

Wrong gmail address with hubspot for Chrome

SOLVE

Hello, 

My hubspot sales plugin is linked to the wrong email adress (gmail.com instead of excelrise.com). It results in mails not being forwarded and not being able in creating new contacts from the mailbox (among other things). 

I tried to uninstall the plugin, signing out of gmail / also made sure i was logged in on the relevant gmail adress when downloading the plugin, non worked

Can you help me out?
Cheers, 

Arnaud

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @aboucheron,

Thank you for providing that screenshot.  

It actually looks like you have two separate Hubspot Sales accounts - one under your gmail address and one under excelrise.  The gmail address in your screenshot indicates that your extension is logged into your gmail hubspot sales account instead of the excelrise account.  Think of this as a hubspot sales username.  

Please go to app.getsidekick.com/logout.  When you do this, the extension should log out of the Hubspot account with you gmail address.  You should then be able to log into Hubspot your excelrise email address.  You may want to clear your browsers cookies and cache before attempting to log back in just to make sure that your gmail email address isn't saved in the login window.  

Let me know if this changes anything.

Brett

View solution in original post

BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @aboucheron,

What is the message that you receive?  You may want to try resetting your password to make sure that the credentials are up to date so that you can successfully log in.  If you haven't already done so, clearing your cookies and cache will probably be a good idea because of the switching of accounts.  

Brett

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @aboucheron,

It sounds like you likely need to disconnect your Gmail address from your Hubspot Sales account, and then connect your excelrise.com email address (as long as it is a Office 365 or Gsuite account) afterwards. Here are instructions on how to disconnect an email account from Hubspot Sales.  You may have to completely remove your the connection from Gmail for this to work properly.  You'll find information on how to do this at the bottom of the linked article.  

Please let me know if this works for you.

Brett

0 Upvotes
aboucheron
Participant

SOLVE

Hello thanks for taking the time!

For now it didn't, the issue as you can see is that my Hubspot account on hubspot.com is connected to the right email adress, the problem is that the chrome plugin is connected with an account on which I used to have a sideckick plugin before there was a CRM. Even though I uninstalled, disconnected etc. the hubspot plugin is still connected to the wrong gmail adress

Screenshot = excelrise mailboxthe problem.PNG

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @aboucheron,

Thank you for providing that screenshot.  

It actually looks like you have two separate Hubspot Sales accounts - one under your gmail address and one under excelrise.  The gmail address in your screenshot indicates that your extension is logged into your gmail hubspot sales account instead of the excelrise account.  Think of this as a hubspot sales username.  

Please go to app.getsidekick.com/logout.  When you do this, the extension should log out of the Hubspot account with you gmail address.  You should then be able to log into Hubspot your excelrise email address.  You may want to clear your browsers cookies and cache before attempting to log back in just to make sure that your gmail email address isn't saved in the login window.  

Let me know if this changes anything.

Brett

aboucheron
Participant

SOLVE

Hello ! 

Thanks a lot, yes now the right email adress shows, I think it will change a bunch of stuff. I have one last question, when in gmail, if I click on the grey pictogram of a human being on the left, when the account is not yet in hubspot and I want to add it into it, I am sent to a login page, I try to login and get the following message, any clue on why it happens?

All the best, 

Arnaud

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @aboucheron,

What is the message that you receive?  You may want to try resetting your password to make sure that the credentials are up to date so that you can successfully log in.  If you haven't already done so, clearing your cookies and cache will probably be a good idea because of the switching of accounts.  

Brett