Gmail Sales Extension

MichaelM
Participant

Won't reconnect to Gmail account

SOLVE

Hey,

I've been using the free version of HubSpot for a while, and have successfully sent emails in the past with it, as well as sent them from Gmail and tracked the emails.

However, today I went to send an email from the email tab and received the message "The connection for michael@heroiclifediscipleship.com is currently disabled..." I went to the email integration screen, where it showed my email was disconnected:

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 13.48.04.png

I clicked "Reconnect inbox", selected the Gmail option, went through the steps of authenticating Hubspot with this GApps account. I'd already had the hubspot Chrome extension installed. This successfully went through all the stages, and told me it was complete and connected, but continued to show that my connection was disabled.

I've had the same scenario from Gmail, with the same results in trying to fix it:

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 13.44.01.png

I then tried removing access to hubspot from my GApps admin page, uninstalling the chrome extension, logging out of all accounts, restarting the browser, and going through the connection process again, without anything working.

Am I missing something / Can you guys help?

(This looks very similar to this issue: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/ERROR-RESOLVED-Connect-with-your-email-error/m-p/5732#M503)

Thanks,

Michael

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MichaelM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hey again @jennysowyrda,

I got it connected! I had to go into my Google Admin security settings and allow less secure apps to connect: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en

Once, I did this, the connection went through.

I'm still curious though, why a GApps account won't connect here, and I have to do it through IMAP?

Thanks,

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
hungpham

SOLVE

I have the same problem. All steps are done. But then the email connection is still disabled.

Skjermbilde 2017-10-20 kl. 13.57.29.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @hungpham and @MichaelM

Can you confirm your Gmail settings are set up following the steps outlined in this thread

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes
hungpham

SOLVE

That fixed for me.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
MichaelM
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

Yes, "show in IMAP" was already checked for my gmail account. Still the same issue happening.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Upvotes
MichaelM
Participant

SOLVE

One question... in my email settings, it says my inbox type is "other", when in fact I have a GApps gmail account I'm trying to connect. Would this have anything to do with it?

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 15.50.32.png

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MichaelM
Participant

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda, is there a way to change the email type to Gmail instead of "other"? I'd be great to get this working since I can't auto track any emails I'm sending now...

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MichaelM

The inbox type cannot be switched manually. It is going to be detected during the conntection process. When you are going through the connection steps, are you choosing "gmail" as your email provider?

Can you please try deleting the connection and starting completely over and confirm you're connecting through gmail? If you have configured your imap settings within your Gmail, this should resolve the issue, however I do want to ensure that the correct connection type is showing up for you as that could be part of the issue. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MichaelM
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @jennysowyrda,

Yep, I've tried selecting both Gmail and Other in the connection process. With Gmail, authentication works fine, but when it's done the email is still disconnected and shows the type to be "other".

I can't figure out how to delete the connection... is there somewhere in the settings where I can do that? It looks like it's automatically connected from when I created the account.

I tried connecting through the "Other" method, but wasn't able to connect. I have 2-step authentication on, and followed all the steps in this article: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en

I've tried with my account password, and an app specific password, with the different port number options.

I have double checked that I have IMAP enabled, and am showing "All Mail" in IMAP.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 20.10.56.png

Any further suggestions?

Thanks...

Michael

0 Upvotes
MichaelM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hey again @jennysowyrda,

I got it connected! I had to go into my Google Admin security settings and allow less secure apps to connect: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en

Once, I did this, the connection went through.

I'm still curious though, why a GApps account won't connect here, and I have to do it through IMAP?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MichaelM

Great news! I am glad it is working for you. While your inbox may be in Google, your inbox could be hosted externally which could be why the IMAP connection was the right choice for you. If you're interested in learning who hosts your email, I would suggest popping it into this tool