Gmail Sales Extension

ray4415
Participante

When sending to multiple receivers, how to track each of receivers?

resolver

I'm using the Gmail extension while sending one email to persons A, B, and C (not CC or BCC), all three of them work for company O; also to persons X, Y, and Z of my own team (not CC or BCC). I'm using the extension to log the email, and also get to know whether they have opened the email or not.

Yet, on HubSpot, it only shows "Opens: 7". It doesn't say which of the 6 (A, B, C, X, Y, Z) opened the email. It could be any one of us (X, Y, Z).

I wish to know whether each of the receiver has opened the email, is there any setting that I can do to solve this need?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @ray4415,

I don't think there is, unfortunately. This is due to how click tracking works: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/understand-hubspot-sales-email-open-and-click-tracking...

"When sending tracked emails from your email client or from a record, you can track clicks on links included in the body of the emailLinks are tracked by appending tracking to the end of any hyperlink included in your email. You can see click and open information in your HubSpot activity feed."

HubSpot generates one specific version of your link(s). The link itself can't tell who clicked it. It's just a link. HubSpot can tell that this specific link was clicked but not by whom.

If there is one recipient, it's clear who clicked. For multiple recipient, unfortunately it isn't.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @ray4415,

I don't think there is, unfortunately. This is due to how click tracking works: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/understand-hubspot-sales-email-open-and-click-tracking...

"When sending tracked emails from your email client or from a record, you can track clicks on links included in the body of the emailLinks are tracked by appending tracking to the end of any hyperlink included in your email. You can see click and open information in your HubSpot activity feed."

HubSpot generates one specific version of your link(s). The link itself can't tell who clicked it. It's just a link. HubSpot can tell that this specific link was clicked but not by whom.

If there is one recipient, it's clear who clicked. For multiple recipient, unfortunately it isn't.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ray4415
Participante

resolver

But wait, the other service provider can do that (track individual receiver).

On the other hand, I've found that, when A sends an email to B. Even when A opens that email (but not B), the HubSpot mobile App would pop a notification saying B has opened A's email.

This is not only a lack of feature but only causes confusion to HubSpot users.

0 Me gusta
ray4415
Participante

resolver

Dude, you have been answering my questions in the past few days. Appreciated.