Gmail Sales Extension

IPL

What happens to emails Hubspot Receives (Forwarded BCC'd) when the target emails are not a contact

SOLVE

Suddenlt whenever I send an email, iit automatically gets bcc'd to 

χχχχχχ

@bcc.hubspot.com

THis is for an email I just recently linked - .the same thing does not happen with my usual email.

Why is this and what does it mean?

Please let me know 

thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

What happens to emails Hubspot Receives (Forwarded BCC'd) when the target emails are not a contact

SOLVE

Hi @IPL

The BCC address is how HubSpot Sales logs emails sent from your inbox in the CRM. If it is automatically being inserted you must have 'log in CRM' ticked as described here: How to log your email in the CRM using HubSpot Sales

When the recipient of a 'log in CRM' email is not already a contact (based on email address), HubSpot will automatically create a new contact for you. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @IPL

The BCC address is how HubSpot Sales logs emails sent from your inbox in the CRM. If it is automatically being inserted you must have 'log in CRM' ticked as described here: How to log your email in the CRM using HubSpot Sales

When the recipient of a 'log in CRM' email is not already a contact (based on email address), HubSpot will automatically create a new contact for you. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
LoisJ
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

Just wondering - are there any options (or workarounds) to limit the log to CRM function to contacts who already exist in HubSpot only?

I'm assuming it identifies existing contacts by the email address only? ie, no secondary check against first/last name etc for users that might have slightly different email aliases eg: firstname@company... initial.lastname@company... etc

Thanks,

Lois

0 Upvotes