Gmail Sales Extension

nickjhowe1

Very high CPU on MacOS/Chrome

The hubspot extension frequently goes to 100% CPU usage on my 27" iMac and kills Gmail. If I disable the extension everything runs fine, so pretty certain that HubSpot is the culprit, and if I fire up the Chrome Task Manager when theres a problem it is the gmail tab that is consuming all the CPU. Sometimes Gmail won't even load with the extension enabled.

Everything is latest version (MacOS, Chrome, HubSpot extension). Anyone else seeing issues?  Any suggestions?

13 Replies 13
JessieS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

+1 from a customer who called support on the same issue in case anyone from Product can give insight! You could try clearing your cookies and cache and disabling other browser extensions in the event they're interfering. You can always try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension to see the same issue still arises! 

DH123456
Participant

This is still happeneing and I have video recording of it happening, in spite of disconnection, reconnection and uninstalling/reinstalling the extension. It is difinitievely caused by Hubspot Sales extension being on and has nothing to do with any overlays in Gmail.

I'm not going to upload the video as it has personal emails visible in it, I don't trust anyone at Hubspot in relation to privacy and it's too annoying to blur out with the page moving between sensitive and non-sensitive information.

- M1 Macbook Pro 14.1.1 (23B81)

- Chrome Version 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) (arm64)

-Hubspot Sales extension (with all other extensions turned off)

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 5.37.56 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 5.37.48 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 5.37.37 pm.png

   

0 Upvotes
JCow

Has anyone found a solution for this issue? 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JCow, i hope you are doing well!

Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it. Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,
Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

nickjhowe1

I'm only on the free plan, so no access to Tech Support.  It isn't a clash with another extension as I've disabled everything else. The race condition seems to be triggered by a large number (>10 or so) emails on the To: line.  Possibly triggered when I paste a bunch of emails from somewhere else, rather than adding them one at a time - I need to do more testing on that.

The part of the UI indicated by the arrow changes to a spinner and never loads. I only have about 120 contacts in the DB so don't know why it would freak out.

I'm running on a 2017 iMac 27 with 40GB memory and a 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, so Chome isn't exactly short on horsepower.2021-09-13_10-36-26.jpg

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nickjhowe1 

Thank you for your reply - my latest reply was for thm22 which is why I was talking about tech support!

Thank you for giving me more details 

Would you mind recording a gif or video (loom.com is very easy to use) of the behaviour and send it to me via DM? It"ll help us investigate further. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
thm22
Participant

I see 100% CPU usage on Windows, when in HubSpot, in Chorme, and bringing up the merge contact window. It also happens when deleting an email. It seems to always happen when there is a window on top of the page and the page is getting fuzzy. This should be an easy fix! dont think it has anything to do with any extensions. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thm22 

Thank you for reaching out - I couldn't reproduce this when using the Chrome extension.

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nickjhowe1 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I haven't seen something like this with the Gmail extension and I cannot reproduce either. I'm wondering if that could be a conflicting extension. Could you try disabling the other Chrome extensions you have and see if you still have the issue? Can you also try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

cfrancomme
Participant

Hi,

i'm having the same issue now :

Macbook pro / chrome / no update on other components.

It's maybe linked to the latest update on chrome / autorizations

0 Upvotes
IMohamed01
Participant

I have been sitting with the same issue. using a MacBook and CPU usage is killing my battery. It never did this before and is a more recent thing.  is there any solution as my battery life is really taking a significant drop. 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IMohamed01,

I would recommend disabling your extensions to see if one of them could be causing this high CPU usage, as well as trying to uninstall and reinstall the extension.

If this behavior continues after trying the above steps,  I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cfrancomme,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Can you try disabling your extensions to see if one of them could be causing this high CPU usage. Can you also try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension?  

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes