Gmail Sales Extension

MVH
Participante

Update lifecycle stage based on forwarded email

resolver

Hi, 

We have been using Hubspot as a marketing tool for a while, and finally convinced our sales team to start using it too. There is however still one issue that we are trying to figure out: we will use the SQL lifecycle stage as a way to identify which leads sales will have to work on. 

Some leads come in by sending an email to our genereal info@ adress or by sending directly to team members. Sometimes the contacts are new, and sometimes they already exist in Hubspot (f.ex. because they have downloaded an ebook earlier on) - I explicitely say this because this means that the source & source drill down is not a conclusive answer.  

We would like to add these contacts + the content of their (incoming) email to Hubspot in the easiest way possible AND make sure the lifecycle stage is updated so our sales team doesn't miss the leads. Preferibly only one action has to be taken by the person receiving the email (e.g. fowarding the email), and we change the lifecycle stage by automating a workflow. 

Is this possible? What would be the best way to set this up? Or is there another way to make sure our sales team doesn't miss out on any incoming leads? 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @MVH,

It sounds like rotating incoming contacts to sales could be a solution here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner#rotate-objects-between-multiple-owners-s...

Your CEO could keep on forwarding these emails into the CRM. If the workflow finds any contact without a Contact Owner and with Lifecycle stage not SQL or later, the workflow could rotate these contacts. Then the sales reps would just have to keep an eye on their own contacts. Depending on their notification settings, they would be notified that they were just assigned a contact.

How does that sound?

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @MVH,

It sounds like rotating incoming contacts to sales could be a solution here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner#rotate-objects-between-multiple-owners-s...

Your CEO could keep on forwarding these emails into the CRM. If the workflow finds any contact without a Contact Owner and with Lifecycle stage not SQL or later, the workflow could rotate these contacts. Then the sales reps would just have to keep an eye on their own contacts. Depending on their notification settings, they would be notified that they were just assigned a contact.

How does that sound?

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MVH
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler , 

Thank you for reply. The 'problem' here is that the person receiving most incoming emails is our CEO and not a sales rep who will also follow up on the contacts. He wants to quickly put the email through to sales and be 100% sure the email will get picked up. 

I looked into the chrome extension, but as far as I understood, you can easily create the contact and update the Lifecycle stage manually. This requires two steps which could be manageable, BUT as far as I could figure out, the extension doesn't allow you to log the content of the incoming email. Or am I mistaken?

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @MVH,

As far as I know it's currently not possible to distinguish forwarded emails from any incoming email in HubSpot – which means that any automation based on incoming/forwarded emails would automatically set all contacts to SQLs. The qualification that has happened for a SQL could not be assumed for all incoming emails.

Have you looked into the HubSpot Sales extensions? These would allow easy access to the contact record. It would still require a manual Lifecycle stage update however.

To catch any contacts that were not updated, you could work with a filtered contact view. You could create this with the filter "Contact owner is any of Me" AND "Last activity date is known" AND "Lifecycle stage isn't any of SQL". That way, each rep could see at a glance if they recently were in contact with anyone who's not a SQL yet.

Let me know if that would be a feasible option for you.

Karsten Köhler

0 Avaliação positiva