Gmail Sales Extension

bfa

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

Been evaluating HubSpot and just had an odd error where I have been unable to add a new user. The browser window looks like it's starting "something" by darkening the window like a popup is coming...get ready...and then nothing. No matter how long the wait is.

Turned off ad blockers and the like but that had no effect. Even quit and restarted the browser on the outside chance that might do something.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as being unable to add users with no obvious error message makes the notion of a team kind of pointless.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

I am not a HubSpot tech person, but I do know that cache & cookies can do some funny things.

I use Chrome for everything.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Eddelan

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

Hi! ¿Can somebody help me? I Added a new user, and delete him by mistake. When I tried to add him back, hubspot says that it is impossible to do so... It seems that Hubspot has not realize that I deleted him ¿How can I solve it? Many thanks!! 

0 Upvotes
Josh

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

@bfa

That is quite odd. There doesn't seem to be any major issues from what I can tell on HubSpot's side as I just added a user to an account a few minutes ago.

Which browser are you using? I know this is a cliche recommendation, but have you cleared cache and cookies?

Another question, are you currently the only user in the account or have you added others in the past?

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
bfa

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

That is quite odd. There doesn't seem to be any major issues from what I can tell on HubSpot's side as I just added a user to an account a few minutes ago.

Which browser are you using? I know this is a cliche recommendation, but have you cleared cache and cookies?

Another question, are you currently the only user in the account or have you added others in the past?

I have the current version of Chrome (56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)). Turned off the ad blockers. 

However, the question about the browser made me try it in Firefox (latest version) and it worked for me with ad blockers on.

So...anyone out there in the Hubspot technical staff that might have an idea why Chrome would suddenly stop doing anything, other than darkening the window like a popup was about to happen, when trying to do something like add a new user or change permissions?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

I am not a HubSpot tech person, but I do know that cache & cookies can do some funny things.

I use Chrome for everything.

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
bfa

Unable to add new user

SOLVE

@Josh wrote:

I am not a HubSpot tech person, but I do know that cache & cookies can do some funny things

Since clearing cookies and caches didn't occur to me, I tried that and clearing those made Chrome work again. Yea for Hubspot working on Chrome with a simple fix! 

Now it would be nice to know why that happened but I suppose that's just the experience of using software. Mystery and magic always abounds!

0 Upvotes