Gmail Sales Extension

SRenwick
Participant

Tracking pixel triggered by looking in Sent folder?

SOLVE

My usual workflow is that when I send an email to a new prospect, I then go to my Gmail Sent folder and update the new person via there (the email is tracked and logged in Hubspot so I just have to add name, company etc).

However, when I look at the Sent email, it always shows me that it has been opened already. Since I presume not all my emails are being read by the recipient as soon as they are sent, this leads me to think that the tracking pixel is being triggered when I open the sent email.

Could that be the case? If so, this would make the tracking stats a bit useless. Surely the plugin could block you triggering your own tracking pixel?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRenwick,

Plugin conflicts are unfortunately very common. In that case I'd recommend switching one of the two off and checking whether the problem persists or not. If the latter is the case, it would be 99% confirmed that this is the issue – and you'd have to decide between using one of the two.

If you consider this solved, you can help others find this information by marking my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRenwick,

You can block self-open email notifications with the Chrome extension by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/block-self-open-notifications-with-the-hubspot-sales-ou...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SRenwick
Participant

SOLVE

I guess my problem is a plugin conflict. I also use the Streak plugin, and there is a conflict between the two of them since they both use tracking pixels, even though I have the Streak tracking pixel switched off. I doubt there is anything else I can do. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SRenwick,

Plugin conflicts are unfortunately very common. In that case I'd recommend switching one of the two off and checking whether the problem persists or not. If the latter is the case, it would be 99% confirmed that this is the issue – and you'd have to decide between using one of the two.

If you consider this solved, you can help others find this information by marking my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes