Tracking my own IP and readings several times.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello:

I use hubspot for severeal years in chrome, with the same settings and without a problems. I use only to track work emails and free version (200 emails) are perfect for me.

The IP from my house and work is blocked in hubspot in order to do not track my reads, but yesterday my hubspot going totally crazy and start tracking all my emails even if the emails are close. My tracks going to 15 to 315 in a few hours. 

What can i do?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @robertotrujillo,

While there is no way to stop tracking an email that was already sent and tracked, going forward I would recommend ensuring that you are not tracking emails unintentionally. There are a few good tips in this discussion as well.

If you notice a pattern of your emails being wrongly tracked or associated with opens, or notifications, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hello Jenny:

Thanks for your reply. I'm very familiarized with the tracking system of hubspot. I'm not tracking my emails unintentionally.  And I'm just use 2 computers with hubspot and both conections are with the IP blocked.

The problem is because hubspot is tracking closed emails (from months ago) and is counting my own views.  And from yesterday to today my tracks going from 15 to almost 700 from closed emails and 3 new emails from today. 

Hope my english is clear and thanks in advance again,

Roberto

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @robertotrujillo ,

I believe this may be related to https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/Gmail-Extension-Self-Open-Notifications/m-p/2...

We have a temporary solution up and are working on a permanent solution now. 

Best,

Flora

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Dear Flora:

Thank you. This work for me. 

Best. 

0 Upvotes