Gmail Sales Extension

McQueenCreative

Templates Not Loading in Gmail

SOLVE

Hi Everyone,

When I'm composing a new e-mail in Gmail, after entering the recepient's e-mail address, I hit templates. After selecting the template I want to use and clicking "insert", the loading circles are there perpetually and it never loads the template.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? All my connections and integration seem fine.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
McQueenCreative
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

We were able to figure out our issue, working with the HubSpot UX Research team. Because we hadn't imported our contacts yet, we didn't link any contact tokens in our existing templates and left our customizable fields as {{COMPANY}} or {{FIRST NAME}}. Those brackets were causing an issue in rendering the templates as the software read it as code.

The issue has since been resolved, but thank you for your help!

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
13 Replies 13
PCsmith

SOLVE

I am having the same problem in the new Microsoft Edge. Snippets work fine but when I click on "Templates" the white box comes up where you would usually see the templates but they never load, just a blank white box...

Please help!!

Tanner

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @PCsmith,

I would recommend beginning by following the steps outlined here.

If you are still stuck after following these steps, can you please share a screenshot of where you are getting stuck? Additionally, does the issue occur in other browsers? Finally, can you confirm your Edge browser is up to date? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
PCsmith

SOLVE

Thanks for the help!!

Works fine in Chrome, I click on templates and my list of template emails pops up but it is not working in Edge as you can see in the pictures.

Edge browser is up to date.

When I click on "Templates"When I click on "Templates"The "templates" never load...The "templates" never load...

0 Upvotes
RodRecker1
Participant

SOLVE

I have this same problem with Gmail on Edge. Chrome works fine.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @RodRecker1 

Can you please confirm if your Edge browser is up to date? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RodRecker1
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you Pam - my Edge browser is up-to-date:

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 85.0.564.51 (Official build) (64-bit)

Since Edge is based on Chromium, I am able to run most Chrome extensions. I installed the HubSpot Gmail extension for Chrome. In general it works well. The one issue I see is when I am composing a new email, I enter an email address and then choose Template, a new window comes up that is blank. I see the same behavior as PCsmith's post earlier in this thread.

When I do the same thing while running in a Chrome browser (not Edge), I see the available Templates appear as I would expect.

So I do have a workaround but I prefer the Edge browser for performance. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @RodRecker1 

Thank you for the information, I was able to investigate more, and currently,  there is not a compatible browser extension for HubSpot and Microsoft edge.

The Gmail sales extension will not work in Edge at the moment .

There are currently three sales extensions that HubSpot has :

1. Chrome browser
  2. Office 365
  3. Microsoft outlook

In order for the extension to work properly,  you will need to use it in google chrome.

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
McQueenCreative

SOLVE

Does anyone have a solution to fix this? I'm sending cold e-mails and I have to constantly edit fields manually in each e-mail. I've made a couple errors already and it doesn't look good on my part when I call a prospect by the wrong name.

Andrew

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @McQueenCreative

Are you still experiencing this issue? Happy to troublehsoot this further with you if you are still experiencing issues. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
McQueenCreative
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

We were able to figure out our issue, working with the HubSpot UX Research team. Because we hadn't imported our contacts yet, we didn't link any contact tokens in our existing templates and left our customizable fields as {{COMPANY}} or {{FIRST NAME}}. Those brackets were causing an issue in rendering the templates as the software read it as code.

The issue has since been resolved, but thank you for your help!

Andrew

0 Upvotes
iuliana

SOLVE

I do apologise - it has just started to work - PLEASE DISREGARD

Hi, 

I am having the same issue of not being able to load templates in gmail. Can someone please clarify how do I solve this?

Thanks,

Iuliana

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @McQueenCreative  Does this happen for all contacts? Is the template still available under Sales > Sales Tools > Templates? Please check and see if you can access the template when sending from the CRM contact record, also. If both of these check out, lets start by taking the usual browser maintenance steps (clear cache, delete cookies, close extraneous tabs and windows, reboot browser and computer if necessary). 

Please let me know if you still are having issues loading templates. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
McQueenCreative

SOLVE

Hi @edjusten,

This is happening for all contacts. I've cleared cache, cookies, etc., re-installed extensions, and have rebooted both browser and desktop. I have tried with Chrome and Edge on two different desktops and have had the same issue.

The template is still available under Sales Tools > Templates, but I cannot send it from any CRM contact record. The option to select the template is there, but when I click on the name of the template, it never inserts itself into the e-mail.

It's starting to become a little frustrating having to copy, paste, and then edit fields on each e-mail I send.

Thanks,

Andrew

UPDATE: I've also tried duplicating the template, deleting the old one I was trying to use, and have had no success.

0 Upvotes