Gmail Sales Extension

DesireeTaylor
Membro

Syncing google contacts

I am a member of a team I am not a super admin. I need ability to sync google contacts without super admin because then i would have everyone in the companies contacts. I need to be able to sync ONLY my contacts. 

I tried Zapier its still giving me every contact that comes into as leads even if I am not the contact owner. Again, I only need my contacts.

0 Avaliação positiva
8 Respostas 8
danmoyle
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

Syncing google contacts

@DesireeTaylor you should be able to synv your Google contacts without being a superadmin - you just need app marketplace permissions, according to this resource: Connect HubSpot and Google Contacts

Hopefully that solves it - just ask for App Marketplace permissions. Cheers! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Avaliação positiva
DesireeTaylor
Membro

Syncing google contacts

DesireeTaylor_0-1654628480930.png

This is what I see it says I need everything access but when I do so I get EVERYONES contacts which is not what I want. I only want the contacts synced where I am the contact owner.

0 Avaliação positiva
danmoyle

Syncing google contacts

In HubSpot, users have access to Contact and Company Objects for full transparency and collaboration by default. You can limit access to "Owned" only true, which is probably what's limiting the sync. So if the sync was built for full access, then you're probably not going to be able to sync. 

Instead, you could export from Google and import into HubSpot. Or if you have the HubSpot Sales Extension, each contact you email will create a Contact Record in HubSpot. So you have a couple of options. 

Sorry it's not an easy-button solution. Unless I'm missing something. Someone like @Anonymous may have an idea. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Avaliação positiva
DesireeTaylor
Membro

Syncing google contacts

This is what my super admin sees. She does not have an option to contact owner for each user.

0 Avaliação positiva
DesireeTaylor
Membro

Syncing google contacts

What does "if the sync was built for full access" mean? We are very new to HS so we are trying to understand. 

0 Avaliação positiva
DesireeTaylor
Membro

Syncing google contacts

I have my gmail contacts creating google contacts already. But when a lead comes in from wherever a contact is created in Hubspot and I would like it to sync and create a google contact to be in my phone.

0 Avaliação positiva
danmoyle

Syncing google contacts

@DesireeTaylor are you using the HubSpot mobile app? That could help you have your contacts directly in your phone. 

By full access, I mean that the sync in the app marketplace may be built so that a user has to have access to all contacts, which is how HubSpot is built. To give all users access to all contacts so they can leave notes and work together with other users. For instance, at my company, I can see all of our contacts but I only interact with the contact records assigned to me as the owner. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Avaliação positiva
DesireeTaylor
Membro

Syncing google contacts

Understood, I am in the Real Estate world and I should not be able to see everyones contact because for confidentiality reasons my colleague and I could be representing opposite sides of the same transaction. 

Yes I do have HS mobile app. It gives a suggestion HS contact but does not necessarily create the actual contact on my phone.

0 Avaliação positiva