Gmail Sales Extension

Camirand
Participante

Sync contact and email

resolver

Isn't hubspot suppose to sync e-mail and contact when you forward an email to your own email?

When i go to setting, i get an answer to contact my administrator for the integration... but I AM the administrator. 

Am I the only one?

Thanks

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Camirand
Solución
Participante

Sync contact and email

resolver

looklike it was  a conflict between the hubspot extension and Sortd. After installing Sortd, i couldn't login in the setting anymore because it asked to be an administrator (while i am).

Uninstalled Sortd, will work with default gmail (no Idea how i will do it... omg... lol) Now everything is fine, 

thanks

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sync contact and email

resolver

Hi @Camirand, happy to help clarify here. 

When you send emails through hubspot sales, it will be logged as long as the recipient has a different domain than you (for example sending from nicole@hubspot.com to amy@hubspot.com would not log, but sending to amy@gmail.com would log) 

Additionally, you can use the forwarding address to log emails to contact records: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/difference-between-bcc-and-forwarding

If you're still having an issue, could you provide some more information about what exact steps you're taking when you run into an issue? 

0 Me gusta
Camirand
Participante

Sync contact and email

resolver

Isn't hubspot suppose to sync e-mail and contact when you forward an email to your own email?

When i go to setting, i get an answer to contact my administrator for the integration... but I AM the administrator. 

Am I the only one?

Thanks

0 Me gusta
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sync contact and email

resolver

Hi @Camirand  Are you trying to forward an email to your own contact record in the CRM? If so, you will not be able to that as you cannot record email messages sent to internal contacts with the same domain assoicated with the portal. Emailssent ot colleagues with in the portal with matching domains will also not be recorded on the collegue's  timeline. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Me gusta
Camirand
Participante

Sync contact and email

resolver

Hi Ed, 

I get it. Then, when i get an e-mail from new customer or a reply to my own email, how to I get it sync.

I read this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/READ-ME-FIRST-Why-aren-t-my-emails-being-trac...

sent a test it worked, then stopped working after 6pm yesterday, nothing to do since. When i go to setting, marketing then email, it tells me that I don't have access and to contact my administrator, ( I am the admin...)

0 Me gusta
Anonymous
No aplicable

Sync contact and email

resolver

@Camirand are you referring to marketing emails or sales emails? It might be helpful to share screenshots in this thread so Ed can see what you are talking about. 

Is the issue related to permissions or is it related to email logging? Based on what you've mentioned above I'm not sure I have a full grasp on what your issue is and what you are looking to accomplish. 

Hope I can help once I have more info. 

Camirand
Solución
Participante

Sync contact and email

resolver

looklike it was  a conflict between the hubspot extension and Sortd. After installing Sortd, i couldn't login in the setting anymore because it asked to be an administrator (while i am).

Uninstalled Sortd, will work with default gmail (no Idea how i will do it... omg... lol) Now everything is fine, 

thanks

jalagrange
Participante

Sync contact and email

resolver

I think you guys should look at how Close.io's email sync works and try to replicate. It really is an amazing experience. If they weren't so expensive, I definetely would be using them. I recommend you actually open an account and see how it works #ProductTeam please. I think it is the ONLY downside ive found of using hubspot sales CRM 

0 Me gusta