Sunsetting "Highlights" in the Activity Feed

Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All,

Scott from the product management team at HubSpot here. One of the toughest decisions we have to make as a product develops is what to do with a feature that hasn’t quite hit the mark.  

Recently, we evaluated the “Highlights” feature in the activity feed and ultimately decided to  sunset this feature by the end of 2018. I want to explain why.

We built “Highlights” to help sales reps prioritize their day, but we missed the mark in a few ways:

• “Highlights” were only focused on email activity, and not all of your prospect engagement.
  • The current form of “Highlights” did not take into account other information about your contacts, such as their source, past engagement, or likelihood to close.
  • The design of “Highlights” didn’t allow for our suggestions to improve meaningfully or get better over time.

When we weighed these shortcomings in the product with overall feature usage, we decided that this particular feature had reached the end of its journey.  We still believe it’s critical for us to help reps prioritize their day, and in 2019 we’ll be working on other ways to help solve for this.

Stay tuned for what’s to come… and please feel free to comment on this thread with any questions or concerns you might have.

2 Replies
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Scott. I completely agree with this post. Something I've been seeing a need for is a "day" view. I.e. as a rep, what do I need to accomplish today (things I promised), and what are high priority things for me to pursue (High impact activities, but not promised).

I.E. here are the tasks I need to accomplish, here are my scheduled meetings, my SQL/high priority leads to reach out to/engage with.

0 Upvotes