Gmail Sales Extension

bpalgi

Some (random) emails not logged

Generally the Gmail email logging works well.

HOWEVER, I happen to have two (2) emails from two different companies that under no conditions are being added to Hubspot. I spoke with 4 Hubspot representatives so far, with no root cause identified and no solution.

was advised to forward to my hubspot BCC email, which I did as well. I was requested to check the blocked accounts list, which I did, and I confirmed it is empty.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @bpalgi 

Thank you for the information provided. Could you please confirm by looking at your mail headers, if there is a BCC address in the email that was not logged. If there is not,as mentioned in this article here, in order for an email to logged in HubSpot, your portal's BCC address must be added to the email before it's sent. If this emails doesn't have the BCC address, it wasn't logged.

Typically, if you send the email from Gmail and use the HubSpot Chrome extension, then selection the Log checkbox will automatically add the BCC address to the email.

In this cases is possible that the BCC address was not added manually or the Log checkbox was not checked when sending this email.

I hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
bpalgi

Re "Could you please confirm by looking at your mail headers, if there is a BCC address in the email that was not logged"

Yes, there is a BCC address in each if the headers.

Nevertheless these specific emails are not being logged.

Others are logged.

It is a bug in Hubspot.

Maybe somebody from Hubspot's engineering can deal with this? Since if we cannot trust that either all or none of the emails are logged, we cannot regard the system as reliable...

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bpalgi 

Investigating more currently in our status page here all Systems are operational.

Could you please confirm if you meet all the Requirements to log emails to the CRM using the BCC address:

Your email must meet the following criteria in order to be logged in the CRM:

After confirming all these steps and you still experiencing this, since emails are specific by each user, we would need more information to continue investigating.

Could you please send me a private message with :

1. A link of the contacts record that was not logged the email
  2. Screenshot of the email in your inbox being sent with the BCC
  3. The header of the email that was not logged 

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes