Gmail Sales Extension

HRich
Colaborador(a)

Set on Gmail to log "existing contacts" only, new contacts still being created on Hubspot

Hello,

Myself and all my colleague on HubSpot have recently changed our HubSpot gmail log and track settings to log communication for "existing contacts" only, to stop emails which are not relevant to clients being recorded on HubSpot.

However, a week since we all made the change, I can still see contacts (seemly at random) being created by HubSpot when a colleague emails someone who does not exist on our HubSpot.

Although I am always sure to delete the contact and company when this happens, HubSpot will still automatically populate the same contact again the next day. This happens everyday despite our new settings on Gmail. 

I was thinking perhaps one cause for our problem is everyone's email automation is set to enabled on Hubspot's email setting?

Or maybe it takes HubSpot a while to adapt to changes?

Any advice would be appreciated!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Resposta 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Set on Gmail to log "existing contacts" only, new contacts still being created on Hubspot

Hi @HRich,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I've checked our ticket queue to see if other customers are experiencing similar problems, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Just to confirm, you've unchecked the box "New Contacts" here?

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 12.47.32.png

The expected behaviour here is that changes to these settings apply almost instantaneously. 

Have you already tried reinstalling the Sales extension? 

Thanks, 

Mia, Community team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Avaliação positiva