Gmail Sales Extension

DebSil
Participant

Scheduling meeting from Contact

SOLVE

With my Google calendar configured on HubSpot, when I create a meeting from a Contact, shouldn't it appear on my calendar as well as from within HubSpot?

Also, is there a Dashboard that shows everything happening today which would show me that meeting?  

I'm new to HubSpot and am amazed at how similar it is to Microsoft Dynamics.  I was a Dynamics Functional Consultant and this app is so intuitive.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @DebSil 

Glad you found the report!  As for the meeting, let's double check a few things:

You calendar is synced to the correct google calendar (Settings > Sales > Meetings):

Settings - Google Chrome 2019-03-25 12.22.12.png

You added the meeting from the contact timeline:

Meeting timeline.png

Please note that your calendar must be tied to the same email address you're using with the meetings tool.  If this still doesn't solve the issue, maybe something in this support article will?

Hope this helps!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @DebSil 

It should block out the timeslot on your calendar so it can't be double booked if you're using the meetings calendar too.  As for the dashboard there are two reports you can add that can help you out there, the Tasks and Meetings reports.  You can customize the date ranges on these if you'd like as well!

Head to your dashboard and click on the "Add report" button in the top right.  Then search for "Meeting" and add the report that would work for you here the best, I think it's just "Meetings.  Then add the "Tasks" report as well.

Let me know if this helps!

0 Upvotes
DebSil
Participant

SOLVE

The activity did not write a meeting in any way to my calendar.  Nothing appears.

I did find the Report for the Dashboard, thanks!  

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @DebSil 

Glad you found the report!  As for the meeting, let's double check a few things:

You calendar is synced to the correct google calendar (Settings > Sales > Meetings):

Settings - Google Chrome 2019-03-25 12.22.12.png

You added the meeting from the contact timeline:

Meeting timeline.png

Please note that your calendar must be tied to the same email address you're using with the meetings tool.  If this still doesn't solve the issue, maybe something in this support article will?

Hope this helps!

DrCard

SOLVE

iv tried to get the schedule tap in the deal time line with no success, the meeting tool calendar is working perfectly from the link but i it is not reflecting the availability times i have configured in the the tool in the meeting option in the deals time line 

as you can see that i have the option to book 7am and 8am while i setup the tool to start from 9:00am  as you can see in the second picture 

is the meeting button the same as the schedule button you have as your post is one year old i was think that hubspot has changed the name and layout  

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.39.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.43.38 AM.png

0 Upvotes
OliviaRoberts
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @DrCard!

The Schedule feature on a record in HubSpot, is not related to the Meetings tool, so times you have set up in your meetings link, will not impact times seen when scheduling a meeting on a record. These are two separate tools and do not work together, for example your meetings link availability will not be reflected when scheduling a meeting through a record. 

More on the Schedule feature and how it works is outlined here if you would like to check it out! 

Best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes
DebSil
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!  I noticed the "Connect to Google Calendar" link when creating a test email, so my initial attempt must have failed.  I went through the steps again and now it works perfectly!

0 Upvotes