Scheduled emails does not include attachments

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey! Scheduled emails used to include attachement but now when we schedule emails with attachments using the Hubspot tool in Gmail, the attachment does not get sent along with the email. This started happening after our scheduled emails were placed into a "Scheduled Emails" folder under "Drafts" in Gmail.

Thanks in advance!

17 Replies 17
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Impact,

Are you seeing this message when you are scheduling the email? The attachments will need to be uploaded into HubSpot in order for them to be sent. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 3.30.47 PM.png

Thank you, 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have this issue too, and it cost me hours of time re-attaching files to emails after I realized it, and sending to clients and apologizing for my "mistake" the next morning.

Re-uploading an email into hubspot for scheduling just because it has an attachment pretty much fully defeats the purpose of the gmail extension. It's not smooth, is now extra steps, and takes you away from your preferred email inbox.

Unless there's another workaround, looks like we're going to be switching apps/extensions to be able to send scheduled emails with attachments without leaving gmail. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

AND - with your new update:

1) Scheduled email times can't be easily changed/edited after hitting send. Must DELETE within hubspot outbox, then resend the entire email again. Used to be that within gmail draft box, I could just hit the "clock" icon again and change it.

- This makes batch-changing a series of emails to a new scheduled time virtually impossible and not streamlined whatsoever.

2) Preview of a scheduled email does not show which attachments (if any) are included, even when auto-saved. Cannot review for mistakes/omissions.

Bad call.. this was one of our primary tools.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Jenny - Completely agree with @bsumwalt below (including how troublesome it is now to edit scheduled emails in Hubspot)! Is there a way to revert back to the older version of Hubspot? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there a way to revert back to the old integration? This update makes the gmail extension almost unusable for me. It is one extra step to upload the attachments into hubspot - my understanding was that the integration was to promote effeciency and convenience for users, this new update does not do that. Also, did I miss an email that explained the details of this update? As with other users, I have had to send many 'embarassing' follow up emails to remedy the lack of attachments. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience the update is causing you. Because emails are stored in HubSpot while they're waiting to be sent, as opposed to an inbox's Drafts folder, we would need to upload the file into HubSpot in order to have it available for the scheduled email when it's time for it to send

While there is no way to revert to the old version of the extension, I have passed this feedback along to the product team so that they are aware of the frustrations this is causing. 

Thank you,
Jenny 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

In addition, are we only allowed 1 attachment for scheduled emails?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Any news about this  issue?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the save issue too and I'm not getting this message. I tried to schedule many emails with attachments in order to force this message to appear but with no results. Please, I need to be able to schedule emails with attachments. Can I enable an option via a settings menu or something like that?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Oh wow. I thought I was going crazy. I didn't get the attachments pop up message either. I sent so many scheduled emails out and wondering why they were not getting the attachments. Why can't you just revert to the old way of using Gmail drafts?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This is paramount to my end-of-month emailing practices.. I hope Hubspot can revert or fix it to be streamlined and easy like it was, otherwise we have to move to another platform. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Visitor

hi Hubspot and all,

serious +1 on this to please please have this fixed ASAP. This isn't an improvement, this is a bug. I don't get any popup letting me upload attachments automatically, and if I need to do it manually it will totally negate the use of the tool. I use this all the time, a lot of the time to send attached proposals at the right time, so now I can't use this tool at all. And yes there was 2 days of confusion where I was resending things to people with the attachment. Please fix. Would you have a timeline on when it could be fixed? As I will need to look to other tools to do this...

ta,

T.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This update essentially breaks the email send-later feature for me.

The include attachment update has not shown up, and losing the ability to edit drafts before they send makes this service much less useful for me. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone-

Wanted to give an update on what folks are seeing with our Send Later feature and attachments failing to send.  We're actively working on a fix for a couple of bugs that we're seeing, and I'll be able to update this thread as we investigate further.  Those bugs that we are seeing are 1) being unable to see attachments in that Scheduled Emails folder in HubSpot 2) some attachments not sending along with emails.  

Let me know if there are any questions, and if anyone is willing to jump on a screen share with me and our engineering team to resolve this faster, please let me know!

Krishtha

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Visitor

Hola.

Sigo con problemas al adjuntar archivos desde mi correo de Gmail. No veo solución...

Agradecería tu ayuda, por favor.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone- 

Wanted to share another update- our engineering team has identified and resolved the bug that prevented scheduling emails later with more than one attachment.  To get this update, all you need to do is refresh Gmail. 

Additionally, we are still diagonsing other issues regarding attachments, and it would be great if anyone on here would be able to confirm that they are having issues with attaching files when dragging and dropping them into their compose windows.  If you are dragging and dropping attachments and experiencing problems, you'll be able to work around this issue by attaching via the paperclip icon. 

Krishtha

Highlighted
Visitor

Hola.

Hace más de 1 semana que no puedo programar mis correos con archivos adjuntos. Me solicita readjuntarlos, lo hago pero luego no pasa nada, simplemente no responde.

Quisiera, por favor, su ayuda ya que programar los correos es una gran ayuda para mí.

Muchas gracias de antemano.

Saludos.

0 Upvotes