Gmail Sales Extension

Arki88

Right panel's problem

The right panel with information about the company in the chrome extension opens every time I select a new letter in the lists. How do I disable this option? This was not the case before.

10 Replies 10
DR1665
Participant

Right panel's problem

I have posted this to the ideas forum under the label "integrations". Thank you.

EPitzer
Participant | Gold Partner
Participant | Gold Partner

Right panel's problem

My entire team of 7 is also having this issue. Surely there has to be a way to disable the sidebar from displaying on every single email open that doesn't tie into disabling GDPR settings?

DR1665
Participant

Right panel's problem

I will echo @Rolandcrepeau@TiphaineCuisset.

1. With the HubSpot Gmail Extension enabled, clicking on any message in Gmail results in a HubSpot informational sidebar loading. 
  2. This sidebar can be closed by clicking an X up top, but it re-loads with every message.
  3. There is no way to persistently disable this feature. 

It's the sidebar highlighted in red in the following screenshot.

HS-sidebar.jpeg

This morning, I asked my team of 10 if they were seeing it too—and if any of them had found a way to disable it permanently (without removing the extension). All 10 said they had been trying to figure out how to disable it as well. The consensus among our team is that this feature is distracting, annoying, and even irritating—especially when the sidebar has just taken 15% of the screen to report the CRM doesn't have this contact. 

I'm sure it's a fine feature for those who prefer to work out of their inboxes. Absolutely. And maybe, in time, those of us complaining will come around, but right now, this is really annoying—and it means that HubSpot interrupts us and wastes our time with unneccessary mouse clicks every time we open an email. This is the CRM getting in the way.

Can we please get a checkbox somewhere to "Display HubSpot sidebar in Gmail"? Turn it on by default—but let people turn it off and get back to work. 

Thanks. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Right panel's problem

Hi @DR1665 

Thank you for your reply and all the details. 

I'm sorry for the frustration caused by this. As explained below to Roland yesterday, this is expected behaviour when the GDPR tools are enabled in your portal. 

I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it, and the Product Team regularly monitor the Forum. Please note that I'm not qualified enough to know the GDPR ins and outs regarding this.

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Rolandcrepeau
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Right panel's problem

Hello Tiphaine, 
Thanks for your answer. 

My problem is when I'm in the inbox. 

I click on the first e-mail of the list > the right pane opens

I click on the cross on the right pane > the right panes closes

Then I click on a new e-mail (from someone I already exchanged with but different from the previous one) > the right pane opens again itself

I can of course click on the cross to close the right pane but the loop will start as soon as I will click on another e-mail. 

It doesn't happen on email from mailinglist or people I'm not answering to. 

Do you know an easy tool to do a screen record and blur confidential info after ? To make you a screen cast.

Thanks,

Consultant Hubspot
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Right panel's problem

Hi @Rolandcrepeau @Arki88 @DR1665 

Thank you @Rolandcrepeau for the clarification, I get it now. 

After investigation, this is expected behaviour when you have the GDPR tools enabled in your account (Settings > Privacy & Consent) as mentioned in this article

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Rolandcrepeau
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Right panel's problem

Hello @TiphaineCuisset it seems to work actually. 

Thank you !!!

Consultant Hubspot
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Right panel's problem

Hi there, 

Thank you all for reaching out. 

@Arki88 can you please clarify exactly what you're doing before the right panel opens? What do you mean exactly by "every time I select a new letter in the lists."? Can you send us a screenshot? 

@Rolandcrepeau @DR1665 if you can do the same that'll help too.

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Have a lovely day,

Tiphaine

Rolandcrepeau
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Right panel's problem

Hello, 

Same problem for me. This quite recent for me. I would say 10 days. 

It bugs on two differents gmail in two "differents" Chrome.

Thanks for helping. 

Consultant Hubspot
DR1665
Participant

Right panel's problem

I'll piggyback onto this one. We need the option to turn this off persistently, please. The pop-up/over on every email is distracting and irritating. 

Please. I've just spent half an hour reading threads related to people wanting to turn this off since 2017. Have removed, reinstalled, cleared cookies, cache, the works. 

Those of us who are in the CRM all day do not need the CRM popping up in our inbvoxes. Please and thank you.