Gmail Sales Extension

SBasnet
Participante

Restrict to see the email logs between a team members

resolver

Hi,
First of all the email integration is best tool I have seen that HubSpot has. However, I have a restrict mode issue in settings level. Though I am not sure if it can be achieved in logical level. 

Here is the question about it and the scenario is explained here below:

Suppose in a sales team we have different teams and roles. To be a member of the team we need to create the contacts for each team member. 

Now these contacts will integrate the email(which is gmail integration). Each contacts has a hubpost login account. They all can see the contacts, however, we can restrict them to see 'everything', 'team only', 'owned only' etc. 

Now the question I have is, if the members of a team  has email integrated they can check the logs of each other without any verification or authorization. This allows team member to sneak each others email logs. 

This is what I would like to have resolved. Please let me know if someone can help with this question here. If the question is unclear I will do anything to explain it 🙂

Thanks again

Sangam Basnet

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @SBasnet,

Are you referring to sales emails logged in the activity timeline on a contact record (or any other record)? These timeline items are visible to anyone who has access to view a record. It's not possible to grant a user view permissions of a contact record but prevent them from seeing logged sales emails. At the moment, HubSpot's permission model doesn't allow for this level of granularity.

If you don't want sales users to be able to access the sales email history of a record, you would have to limit their view permission to owned and unassigned records only. Your permissions could look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1619411750068.png

I can see how it would be useful to for a sales representative to see a record but not see the sales email history of their colleagues. If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you could suggest it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews the requests shared there based on popularity.

Let me know if I understood your query right.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

6 Respuestas 6
GEiselt
Colaborador

resolver

We need this functionality as well. I've added a new idea here to start building traction: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Restrict-sales-email-visibility-on-contact-records/id.... Hopefully it will be considered!

SBasnet
Participante

resolver

Hi, 
Like Karsten has mentioned. We only can achieve that way, or else seems there is no way of doing it. 

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @SBasnet,

Are you referring to sales emails logged in the activity timeline on a contact record (or any other record)? These timeline items are visible to anyone who has access to view a record. It's not possible to grant a user view permissions of a contact record but prevent them from seeing logged sales emails. At the moment, HubSpot's permission model doesn't allow for this level of granularity.

If you don't want sales users to be able to access the sales email history of a record, you would have to limit their view permission to owned and unassigned records only. Your permissions could look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1619411750068.png

I can see how it would be useful to for a sales representative to see a record but not see the sales email history of their colleagues. If you feel strongly about this being a feature, you could suggest it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews the requests shared there based on popularity.

Let me know if I understood your query right.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JKrantz
Colaborador

resolver

@SBasnet Hello, this would be very useful to be able to limit visability to the email/ activity tab, particularly the body of a email.

0 Me gusta
BrianMDA1818
Miembro

resolver

Hi Karsten, We are new to HubSpot. I'm trying to locate the "Object Access" tab which you describe in your notes above. 

Currently, the emails are set up through an Outlook account which sometimes carries personal information. We do need to restrict some information. 

Please advise and thank you in advance. 

0 Me gusta
SBasnet
Participante

resolver

Hi Karsten,  
I got what you mean and your answer somewhat matches to my thought to achieve this in logical level, which is ownership restriction modal. 

Thank you for you help.