Gmail Sales Extension

LeonardF

Rapportive extension & Hubspot

SOLVE

While I like the ability to associate emails with the CRM, I also am highly reliant in my work on Rappportive and currently Hubspot overtook it on Gmail Chrome. I'm looking for a way to restore the rapportive infobit during email sends in Gmail. Any way to do so?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @LeonardF, Welcome to the Hubspot Community!

I just added the Rapportive extension to my Chrome browser and found that while the Hubspot Sales sidebar covers the Rapportive app, clicking on the arrow in the Hubspot Sales right sidebar (Example Image) will minimize the Hubspot Sidebar and reveal Rapportive.  You can then click on the small Hubspot Icon to bring back the Hubspot Sales sidebar.  

Let me know if this works for you.

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @LeonardF, Welcome to the Hubspot Community!

I just added the Rapportive extension to my Chrome browser and found that while the Hubspot Sales sidebar covers the Rapportive app, clicking on the arrow in the Hubspot Sales right sidebar (Example Image) will minimize the Hubspot Sidebar and reveal Rapportive.  You can then click on the small Hubspot Icon to bring back the Hubspot Sales sidebar.  

Let me know if this works for you.

Brett

0 Upvotes
LeonardF

SOLVE

Thanks Brett,

Let me clarify, the problem arises when I try to send an email while in the main Gmail screen (with the list of emails). In the past Rapportive would have pushed them aside and show me info, right now only the Hubspot widget is visible and hiding it or pulling it out doesn't activate Rapportive like it used to.

Capture.JPG

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @LeonardF,

Thank you for clarifying.  I was able to reproduce this behavior, but it since the problem is that the Rapportive extension is not working due to another extension being enabled (Hubspot Sales in this case), it would fall on the Rapportive developer to make sure that their extension works with others.  It's definitely possible that other extensions might also impact the Rapportive extension, and it wouldn't be feasible to ask the developers of all other extensions to change theirs so that Rapportive will work.  

If Hubspot Sales was the extension that was not working, Hubspot developers could troubleshoot and change the functionality, but Hubspot Sales is working correctly.  I'm not sure if Rapportive has a support team or a way to send feedback to the developers who created it, but that would be the best course of action to get this resolved.

Brett

0 Upvotes
prohubspotuser

SOLVE

If finally resolved the issue by disabling hubspot, now rapportive works perfectly. Thanks for attempting to resolve the issue Brett!

0 Upvotes