Gmail Sales Extension

jordandess
Teilnehmer/-in

Problem logging emails from Gmail Extension when using aliases

I've been struggling with a recurring issue in my Hubspot Gmail Extension for several weeks now, and only recently have I been able to identify the issue. That said, now that I know the cause of the problem, it still isn't clear how to fix it. Any help appreciated!

The issue: when logging an email using the "Log" function in the upper-right corner of my email window in Gmail, the selected logged contacts/companies/deals that I select are not retained when the email is added into Hubspot. The issue is most common when I want to log an email to a contact/company/deal that isn't recommended automatically by the Hubspot extension (I have default associations on for Contacts, Companies and Deals).

The cause: some tests today brought me to the conclusion that the logging issue only occurs when I send an email in Gmail using one of my alias email addresses. Our company has two different brands with different email addresses associated, so I'm regularly switching from one alias to the other.

When I send an email from the root email address, the logging works fine. As soon as I use an alias instead, Hubspot has trouble logging the email correctly.

I've browsed the net and Hubspot community and am surprised to see no mention of this specific problem. Any chance someone else has encountered it and found a solution?

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
JessicaH
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hi @jordandess,

Thanks for reaching out.

These articles might be a good starting point for you:

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
jordandess
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the links. I checked them out and was able to confirm that:

• my Gmail inbox is indeed properly connected to Hubspot
  • and my aliases are properly set up in both Gmail and Hubspot

The articles do not explain why the Log function should be so inconsistent when sending an email using an Alias in Gmail (the Log problem does not occur when I send an email from within Hubspot, whether with an alias or with my primary address).

Has this issue ever occurred before? I'm sure I cannot be the first Hubspot user to have aliases in my Gmail account.

0 Upvotes