Gmail Sales Extension

NSolari
メンバー

Privacy Issues with Hubspot Sales Chrome Extension

解決

Hi.

When i try to install the Hubspot Sales Chrome Extenstion, a privacy notication box pops-up with the following:

Hubspot Sales can read and change your data on a number of websites:

- All googleusercontent.com sites

- All hubapi.com sites

- All hubspot.com sites

- mail.google.com

Is there a way to decline on the Free Hubpsot? If not, can i delcine on  other levels of membership?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @NSolari,

The HubSpot Sales Chrome extension allows you to track and log your emails sent from Gmail and use some of the HubSpot sales tools directly in your inbox – that's what the read/change access is needed for. Without the permissions, HubSpot could not administer these services and features.

There aren't any differences between the HubSpot subscriptions, I just checked with an Enterprise license. The only way of declining would be to not use the extension – and instead the BCC email address.

Just think about it: If the extension cannot read and change data on Google websites, it cannot add the tracking pixel (one of the key functionalities), if it cannot read and change data on HubSpot website, you wouldn't be able to look up contact information from within Gmail.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @NSolari,

The HubSpot Sales Chrome extension allows you to track and log your emails sent from Gmail and use some of the HubSpot sales tools directly in your inbox – that's what the read/change access is needed for. Without the permissions, HubSpot could not administer these services and features.

There aren't any differences between the HubSpot subscriptions, I just checked with an Enterprise license. The only way of declining would be to not use the extension – and instead the BCC email address.

Just think about it: If the extension cannot read and change data on Google websites, it cannot add the tracking pixel (one of the key functionalities), if it cannot read and change data on HubSpot website, you wouldn't be able to look up contact information from within Gmail.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.